MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,945 Posts
My 750 used to run upto 114C when I was stopped in traffic for too long on a 44C day! I agree with the other response, looks like your cooling system is just fine but something is melting the fan most likely the exhaust.

Can you get hold of an infrared temp reader and check each of the four header pipes? You might have another problem, a fuel injector that is not flowing right and the lean mix is creating excessive heat. A quick check of each header temperature will show if one is different to the others.
My F4 used to run hot.

The main symptoms were very hot pan pipes at back.

The cause was diagnosed and rectified by Chris at XBikes.
It was a faulty air pressure sensor under reading ambient air pressure.
So ecu was under fueling leading to a weak mixture.

One little sensor can wreak havoc.

joe

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Hi guys,

thank you for all of your suggestions and tipps, that you have gave me. I managed to dissasemble the radiator and test all the temperature sensors (H20 and Cooler) inkl. the thermo switch, and they all work as the should (I have gone through the Service Manual Instructions). Also the fan is ok, it has a little heat blisters on the back of the fan blades, but they are really small and don't have any impact on the function of it.

I'm planing to open the water pump, to see in what condition it is, and I will also thoroughly check the hoses, but on the first sight, they all look fine.

I'll give you a reply as soon as I have more informations.

Thanks for all the help!

Cheers,

Ziga

21 - 22 of 22 Posts