MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,

I know, there has been a lot of post's written about this topics, expecially on the F4 750 and 1000, but in the last couple of years, not as much anymore. I'm still a proud owner of MV Agusta Brutale 750 S that was built in 2005 with the ECU Chip from Adam, decated with the HP Corse Hydroform exhaust, and despite a couple of minor issues, she is still running nicelly. But lately I have noticed, that the bike is getting hot soon, even on cold days. I have to change the coolant (last change was 2017), and I have found out that the blades of the fan on the radiator are also "damaged" or "melted" (see the attached picture). So I'm planning following works, to resist against the temperature kicks:

1. Changing the coolant

2. Changing the Fan:
2.a.: Im planning to change the fan, but I want to do it with the metal one and I can't find any "Muzzy's" metal fans to buy. But I have red on the forum, that there are some compatible fans that the McMaster and Car are selling. It it's true, does anyone have a Part number of the compatible Fan?
3. Optional: Upgrade of the water pump, with the MV Original Upgrade impeller set (Part Number: 8A00B4724 ). I would like to hear your opinion about this change?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Cheers,

Ziga

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not familiar with the fan, but I heard JETPRIME ENLARGED WATER PUMPs are the best.
Some F4 models have problems with overheating and the best solution is to change the stock water pump with the JETPRIME water pump. I am not so sure if they also have for 750 model. I saw on one online shop how they mention also 750.
Sadly this water pump isn't cheap.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
Brutales don't generally have the heat problems the F4 has.... That said, if your fan blades are melted then they definitely got hot.

The metal blades commercially available (McMaster-Car) are not a direct replacement if I recall correctly. They require some modification to adapt.
I believe there is a forum member in Europe that made a batch of them modified to bolt on ....you will need to search in the "For Sale" section maybe?

The ring blade fans on the later bikes are more efficient and less susceptible to heat damage. You might look for one of those.

Where in the world are you??? Please add that information to your profile.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Greetings Ziga,

I upgrading my Brutale to the following all at once. I no longer fear getting stuck in traffic.

1. Engine Ice (works well and a good match for Brutales using the Jetprime water pump)
2. Jetprime Waterpump (collaborative project with now-defunct Design Corse)
3. Samco hoses (mygpracing.com sell them, Alex is our site sponsor)

Don't forget to change your brake/clutch fluid.
I also have an Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder.

Fan blades:
You'll have to check the specs on your current blade. Hopefully, someone can easily provide that for you.
https://www.mcmaster.com/cooling-fans

Brutales just keep on running... :)

Where are you located on this smokey planet?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ed and esq´z me for your fast responses.

I'm based in Slovenia, Europe, East neighbor of Italy.

The priority is to replace the melted fan, but I also wanted to upgrade the Pump and not replaced it, because I don't think it would be necessary, to do that.

Are the Jetprime Pumps only sold by Design corse in Europe?

But I struggle finding the right fan, to replace it, as I think a metal one would be the best option. As a coolant, I'm definitely looking for Engine Ice as you have mentioned.

So If you have any further tips, where I can buy a Fan in Europe, I would appreciate it.

Cheers, Ziga

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Thanks Ed and esq´z me for your fast responses.

I'm based in Slovenia, Europe, East neighbor of Italy.

The priority is to replace the melted fan, but I also wanted to upgrade the Pump and not replaced it, because I don't think it would be necessary, to do that.

Are the Jetprime Pumps only sold by Design corse in Europe?

But I struggle finding the right fan, to replace it, as I think a metal one would be the best option. As a coolant, I'm definitely looking for Engine Ice as you have mentioned.

So If you have any further tips, where I can buy a Fan in Europe, I would appreciate it.

Cheers, Ziga
Design Corse is finished conducting business. The pumps are available directly through Jetprime in Italy.
That said please understand I upgraded because of summer heat in my region, urban riding (more than I like), crazy traffic jams. It wasn't critical to replace the pump/hoses but wanted to do it anyway given the bike's age. I was getting random leaks with the original hoses. I also wanted to upgrade before available new parts faded into history like our Design Corse sponsor.

I doubt the blades Ed mentioned are still available. There was a handfull some years back, custom fabricated by a member.

You should be fine with just changing your coolant and finding replacement blades. There is no need to overspend.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Greetings Ziga,

I upgrading my Brutale to the following all at once. I no longer fear getting stuck in traffic.

1. Engine Ice (works well and a good match for Brutales using the Jetprime water pump)
2. Jetprime Waterpump (collaborative project with now-defunct Design Corse)
3. Samco hoses (mygpracing.com sell them, Alex is our site sponsor)

Don't forget to change your brake/clutch fluid.
I also have an Oberon Clutch Slave Cylinder.

Fan blades:
You'll have to check the specs on your current blade. Hopefully, someone can easily provide that for you.
https://www.mcmaster.com/cooling-fans

Brutales just keep on running... :)

Where are you located on this smokey planet?
do as he says it all works :smile2:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I used to own a 750 Brutale here in Australia. If everything is working correctly it will not overheat even when stationary in traffic on a 40C day. Your balls will be melting but the bike can cope....

There is no need for an upgraded water pump, but it wont hurt.
Same with the hoses.
Coolant, well run something suitable for the engine and it should be fine.

In my experience problems with Brutales getting too hot are usually caused by one or more of the following :

1. Pressure cap isnt working as it should. Or other leaks causing pressure issues.
2. Fan isn't running due to sensor or ecu issues.
3. Air in the coolant system.
4. Dirty radiator fins - mine was full of flies and road dirty.

From memory the sensor that tells the ecu to turn the fans on isn't the same one that displays the temp on the dash.

·
Administrator
18,812 Posts
From memory the sensor that tells the ecu to turn the fans on isn't the same one that displays the temp on the dash.
That is correct !!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi rsawkins,

thanks for your input. I would just like to clear the thing, that my Brutale has never overheated, but the top temperature was 110°C, so the coolant never "sprayed out".

So to answer your points:
1. The preasure cap has never leaked, so it is sealed.
2. Fan runs flawlesy, but it starts at 95°C, so does the dash says, and the blades have been deformed due heat
3. Air in the coolant, could be the problem, so I'm going to change the coolant and try to bleed all of the air out
4. As I will change the coolant, the radiator will be cleaned as well as the fan has to be changed.

So the 2 steps I'm planning to do are:

1. Finding (building) the metal fan that would fit
2. Change the coolant and drain it completely with water.

But still if anyone has any suggestions, which metal Fan fits the 750 S Brutale (2005), I would be more than happy to know.

Cheers,

Ziga

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did we set the fans lower for you - I know on the very early F4 750's you can't set it with the ecu but yours should be ok.

I could set them lower, say 86 or 88 to try and stop the initial build up of temperature.

Add a new fan and you may be ok...

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Did we set the fans lower for you - I know on the very early F4 750's you can't set it with the ecu but yours should be ok.

I could set them lower, say 86 or 88 to try and stop the initial build up of temperature.

Add a new fan and you may be ok...
https://shop.startwintrading.com/en/products/b4/new-folder-68/cooling-system-252
Fan assembly: 800099247

--Fans tend to work best when there is a ring around the blades to help direct airflow. You'll want to keep that ring.
In the end, buying a replacement might be the best route rather than replacing it with a metal one. Check ebay and possibly post a parts request on FB MV Agusta Owners Official Parts Page.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Edward,

thanks for your tip, but I'm only looking for a metal fan, that would fit in the plastic housing, nothing else. I'm hoping to find one.
@merc07 - Thanks Adam once more, the chip is working great, I think for now there is no need to change the setup, but if the problem would still be here after the fan and coolant change, than I would contact you about the options.

Cheers,

Ziga

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts
Hi rsawkins,

thanks for your input. I would just like to clear the thing, that my Brutale has never overheated, but the top temperature was 110°C, so the coolant never "sprayed out".

So to answer your points:
1. The preasure cap has never leaked, so it is sealed.
2. Fan runs flawlesy, but it starts at 95°C, so does the dash says, and the blades have been deformed due heat
3. Air in the coolant, could be the problem, so I'm going to change the coolant and try to bleed all of the air out
4. As I will change the coolant, the radiator will be cleaned as well as the fan has to be changed.

So the 2 steps I'm planning to do are:

1. Finding (building) the metal fan that would fit
2. Change the coolant and drain it completely with water.

But still if anyone has any suggestions, which metal Fan fits the 750 S Brutale (2005), I would be more than happy to know.

Cheers,

Ziga

Ziga,

After reading the above, I do not think you have a cooling system issue at all. Things are working as they should.

I do think that the primary cause of fan melting is proximity to the exhaust headers. Those plastic blades have a fairly high melting point and your cooling system will never reach those temperatures in that proximity.

I'll see if I can find the Metal Blades thread for you.

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,403 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
The mentioned seller is based out of Holland and I believe only produced the lower fan in metal. I saw an oem upper on eBay from a seller in Germany recently. Good luck

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you guys, for all your reply's. I began to search for a metal and (replaced) solution of the fan, and will let you know, as soon as I will have a solution.

Cheers,

Ziga

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Ziga,

I also read some place in the forum that the overheating issues can be related to the H20 or H2O thermal sensor. If that goes bad, the cooling can not start quick enough. Other people can put more light on that sensor. If replacing the sensor fixes the issue (Eureka!) the bike will rock again.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
My 750 used to run upto 114C when I was stopped in traffic for too long on a 44C day! I agree with the other response, looks like your cooling system is just fine but something is melting the fan most likely the exhaust.

Can you get hold of an infrared temp reader and check each of the four header pipes? You might have another problem, a fuel injector that is not flowing right and the lean mix is creating excessive heat. A quick check of each header temperature will show if one is different to the others.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts