MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been asked before but I would like to tilt the clutch & front brake levers down just a bit.
I know that there are "pins" in the handle bar that keep them at a certain angle.
When I unscrew the bolt that's clamping on the clutch lever on, do I need to get a small screwdriver to try and prise the top half of the clutch lever clamp away from the handle bar ?
I have tried to lift the clamp off the handle bar, but it seems very tight
Once I get the clamp off the handle bar do I just file down the pin and then tighten every thing back up ?
With no pin in the handle bar, will the clutch lever tighten up enough to stop it piviting around the handle bars ?
I look forward to your input.

Regards,
brutale jockey

·
Registered
823 Posts
Yeah a gentle prise or a tap with a drift will get it off. Did mine years ago so don't remember all the details. Some pins pull out and some need filing/grinding down. There's a pin in the handlebar clamp itself which pulls out from memory. Anyway getting rid of them all gives you more options and needs to be done especially if you ever fit a different set of bars like Rizoma. And yes the clamp will tighten no worries.

Cheers

Deano

1 - 4 of 4 Posts