MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '04 Brutale S is fitted with an Arrow shorty and midpipe, an Arrow ECU and a DNA air filter. For the past few years I've been riding without the baffle insert in the pipe. I bought the bike without the insert installed, and its been sitting in a box unused.

As old age sets in and the ringing in my ears gets worse, I've decided to put the baffle insert in. I've now done 2 tanks of fuel with the insert in place.

In the past, I've never got more than 190km to a tank before the low fuel light comes on. Last weekend I went to the Broadford festival (see http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=29984 ) and, at 230km, still no light. Admittedly, I was riding on the Easter weekend when the high police presence kept us to the posted highway limits (100-110km/h) so my riding was pretty smooth.

I filled up this morning - 14.3 litres. If the specs are right, I still had a litre before reserve, so 250km from a tank looks possible.

So here's my question. Is any of this miraculous improvement the result of choking off the exhaust, or is it just the product of a gentler throttle hand? Or is it time for a new fuel level sensor?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
With my F4750 I rode from my home to my mothers 8 hours away and I averaged 43 mpg and averaged around 90 mph on the interstate. I'm not sure what that works out to be in km but I was pretty suprised I got that good of mileage.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
How you ride and conditions make a big difference. I commute and use the bike for everything else pretty much. The numbers below are always consistent.

I can't imagine putting in baffles would change your economy significantly. It would be either how you rode or the traffic conditions which attributed to such a large improvement.

CBR1000
Peak Hour commuting - 7.5L/100km
Weekend thrash - 7L/100km
Open road cruise - 5.5L/100km

Ducati S4R
Peak Hour commuting - 10L/100km
Weekend thrash - 8.5L/100km
Open road cruise - 7L/100km

1 - 4 of 4 Posts