MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Ive just ordered a brand new Brutale 675 EAS ABS.

This is the limited power version as I have class A2 drivers licence.

I will soon be upgrading to class A and was wondering does anyone know how MV is reducing the power? How can I get the "original" power back?

Is it just a rev limiter or something with the exhaust etc?

Thanks for any help and tips!

Cheers!:f4:

·
Registered
249 Posts
At a guess i would think it would be something to do with the mapping on the ECU. I don't think just restricting the exhaust would be enough to make it an A2.
Oh and welcome to the madhouse :jsm:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Welcome Eric, where in the world are you located. As for restricting the power output the dealer will need to fit a restictor kit and certify the bike is power restricted. The kit involves a set of intake masking plates and an electric device that alters the power output, a device is also fitted to limit the throttle movement.
It can be fairly easily removed when your license restrictions expire and then you can go back to full power. The dealer can remove it or if you get the instructions supplied with the kit do it yourself.
jimboF4

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
nanny state

I certainly don't want to live in a world of restrictive power output

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
It is a sad state of affairs but here in UK, we have licence restrictions on new and younger riders, this has been going on for years, politicians think they know best and vote this crap into law, whatever side of the political divide they sit on. Nanny state politics. Sorry to say it will creep into more countries as time passes on.
jimboF4

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It is a sad state of affairs but here in UK, we have licence restrictions on new and younger riders, this has been going on for years, politicians think they know best and vote this crap into law, whatever side of the political divide they sit on. Nanny state politics. Sorry to say it will creep into more countries as time passes on.

jimboF4

Could be worse........we could be in France!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome Eric, where in the world are you located. As for restricting the power output the dealer will need to fit a restictor kit and certify the bike is power restricted. The kit involves a set of intake masking plates and an electric device that alters the power output, a device is also fitted to limit the throttle movement.
It can be fairly easily removed when your license restrictions expire and then you can go back to full power. The dealer can remove it or if you get the instructions supplied with the kit do it yourself.
jimboF4
Do you know whether you can a2 restricted any 675 Brutale models or just the brand new Brutale?
I want to buy a 2013 model but would need to a2 restrict it. My impression is if the restriction is a ECU restriction then surely this is a universal restriction?
Very greatful for any response, this could mean the new ownership of a beautiful bike ❤🤤

·
Registered
17 Posts
all the restrictions on mv models with ELDOR ecu are made with mapping the ecu with an restricted map.
normally on the older models with mv software we can remap the ecu with all the maps available for that model
full power included but they are all protected by password.
after 2019 the a2 restrition (35kw) the bikes vin is locked in the software and we can only charge the 35kw map.
a bike after jan 2019 with 35kw restrition it only can be remap in full power if mv deblocks the vin in the software

·
Administrator
18,827 Posts
Do you know whether you can a2 restricted any 675 Brutale models or just the brand new Brutale?
I want to buy a 2013 model but would need to a2 restrict it. My impression is if the restriction is a ECU restriction then surely this is a universal restriction?
Very greatful for any response, this could mean the new ownership of a beautiful bike ❤🤤
Welcome to the family @Mv675commando,
You really should introduce yourself in the New Members section and ask this question in your own thread. This one is 6 years old !!
Where in the world are you??? Please add that information to your profile.

I'm sure the ECU map is the source of the power restriction. Check with your local MV dealer or send MV a direct inquiry via their web site "Contact Us" page.
I suspect you will have to buy a new ECU for the restricted version of your bike...but maybe it is a map the dealer can download. I don't know.

Edit...I see ricardocxm has answered your question with info I didn't have. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
almost all the brutale 3 cilynder can be restrited but 2019 models are different if they came with 35kw from factory (bikes VIN is declared as an 35kw A2 bike) in this case mv factory as to take the bikes VIN from A2 bike from full power and after that every mv dealer can remap the bike (any bike that is factory 35kw the software does not let you put it on full power)
a dealer can always remap the ecu to take the restrition but i do not know the laws in every countries

·
Registered
810 Posts
All eldor ecu's can be de restricted, if you flash the bike with the full power version, the ecu will not have any restictions.

My F4 runs an ecu from a 3 cylinder Brutale. Just different firmware. The latest bikes have a different firmware, but that is taken care of by the flash tool. E.g ecu studio

Assuming you gain your A1 licence and insure it appropriately, alls good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts