MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. i bought a brutale on auction a while back. apperently there had been a theft on it, so i got it at a cheap price. there have been a autorized dealer who fixed all the things before they auctioned it away.

here is the issue. when i take the key out off the ignition, and it supposed to be completely dead. the instrument panel is still on. it will not turn off , but sometimes if i press the brakelever it will turn off only to turn back on again as soon as i release the brake.

i am no expert in electrical but usally i can manage my way around it.

i have checked the ignition switch itself, this is working fine.
checked the main relay and seems to be fine, also swapped it with one off the other relays but is still the same.
unplugged all ( i think) connectors to check for dirt and also see if there might be a ground issue somewhere. no success.
unplugged a fuse at a time and checked them. no issues here.

actually got a extra ecu with the bike ( there is one low powered and one high powered ecu) tried swapping them but still the same issue.

im kinda out of ideas what to check next, i am suspecting the Ecu but its a bit weird both of them are the same. but you never know.

do you guys have any suggestion or ideas ?

for now i have just unplugged the connector on the main fuse everytime i dont use the bike but its getting annoying.

also the display says : Can line battery 0V even though i have checked an charged the battery.

any help is appericiated :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
looks like someone made changes to the wiring loom? possibly the connector of the lock. Not exactly sure how the brake light and lock are connected but I'd start following the wires from that point.
There should be an electrical wiring diagram in the maintenance manual on Donsy's site

·
Super Moderator
22,332 Posts
Since I can't tell from your profile if you are from a country that requires an alarm, I'll simply ask: Do you have an alarm or anti theft system installed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is no anti theft or alarm installed. i am from Norway btw.

ok ill check the wiring for the brakes / lock. previous owner have installed some aftermarked blinkers wich is the only thing i can see have been tempered with. ill check both. even though i would think when i pulled the fuses for the brakes / blinkers the fault whould disapper if that was the issue ?

·
Administrator
19,837 Posts
Doubt it is the ECU.... your dash message is giving you a hint. Check the can-bus system continuity and resistance, unplug each sensor involved in the can-bus one at a time.

Bike runs OK ? No other fault codes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for more tips, i will see if i have time today to check these out.

bike runs a bit bad. its jerky and seems to loose power in the higher rpm range.

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey, I had a similar issue on my F3 and when I removed the key the dash stayed on and the headlight was off when it ran. eventually I took the tank off and found by accident shaking and moving the harness around it started going on and off. My harness under the battery was starting to melt and I was fortunate enough to be able to repair the couple damaged wires and reheat shield. It drove me crazy for months.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Check the earth connections, and also the battery connections. They can be confusing and easily mixed up when going by wire colour.
More likely to be a short circuit from where the turds that stole it did a Hotwire job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts