MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newcomer to the MV world i wondered what people thought of the debate in a couple of bike magazines as to the overall best layout, 3 or 4 pot Brutales.
Many people say the slimmer 3 cylinder 800 is THE ultimate Brutale, incredibly high revving for a 3, as powerful as most of the 4s and more modern, so easier to ride, than say my 14 year old 910R.
Where do you sit on this one?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Very personal decision.
The B4 is a mature model that is well developed with few technical issues. There seems to be anecdotal evidence that the B3 is not without issues, even after several years of changes and upgrades.
At the end of the day, take them out for a test ride and buy the one that suits your riding style and needs. Most of all, choose the one that puts the biggest smile on your dial.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I prefer the B4, more roomy and upright position, and less revvy nature, just power everywhere. I test rode a B3 5 years ago when I was looking and it just felt a little small, comfort was my goal for buying a naked sports bike. Even the B4 is a small bike compared to many. If you fit a full system/map on the B4 you have over 170bhp more importantly 20-30lb/ft torque up everywhere over a B3...when riding the torque is more noticeable than the stock RR versions 140 vs 158bhp paper difference.

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
I like the 4 cylinder bikes..... the 3's are pretty nice, especially the F3 800.... but the power spread and low end on the 4 cylinders suits me. I can't prove it from any dynos, just seat of pants, but the 4 cylinders pull harder from lower rpms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts