MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I'm new to this forum and new to MV though I do currently have an S1000RR and a Ducati Paul Smart 1000 and soon a 2012 Brutale 1090RR.

This my first MV , It only has less than 2000km so just past the 1st service. Here are my questions?
- what do I need to look out for maintenance wise? What are the issues with this model and year?
- what are the best tail tidy, levers and crash protection? Normally I use R & G and Pazzo but doesn't seem to be much available from them.
- I live in Sydney, Australia so not a lot of service options here so are there any recommendations?
- are there any other 'Trick' bits folks are fitting?

Thanks

Phillip

·
Registered
465 Posts
The fuel tank expanding is an issue, but I think that's an ethanol fuel problem. My understanding is that AU isn't making people use the ethanol laced fuel, so your probably ok. If it is an issue, the warranty will replace it. Some people complain about a snatchy throttle, usually the MV dealer can sort that out too. There's quite a LOT trick bits out there for your bike. What's your taste? Look cool with carbon and magnesium parts all over the place? Or maybe you want another 20 plus HP? A little of both? Options are endless, you can easily spend more on parts than what the purchase price of the bike itself. These bikes are like having a boat, it's a hole in the water you throw money into...

·
Registered
28 Posts
For levers CRG RC2 part numbers 2AN-523 and 2AN-623 bolt straight on and look wicked. Also I fitted a Tamburini Corse windscreen to mine and its looks even better than stock. Quite a bit better and it wasn't exactly ugly stock.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jasper - You're in fine company, there are some local lads who will be able to provide sound advice (Mssr RSawkins and should pop by shortly)

cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For levers CRG RC2 part numbers 2AN-523 and 2AN-623 bolt straight on and look wicked. Also I fitted a Tamburini Corse windscreen to mine and its looks even better than stock. Quite a bit better and it wasn't exactly ugly stock.

Thanks sounds like the solution to me could you post a pic of your screen please?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you have a look at the page 3 of this forum you will see my post labelled F1 Tamburini Screen. You will see a couple of photos there and in one you will get a rough idea what the levers look like too.
Thanks ... Looked at the pics and very impressed. Looking at there website now

Phil

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Phil,

Moto Tecnica at Artarmon are the official Sydney MV shop.

Issues I've had with my bike are clutch slave leaks, radiator leaks and an oil seal behind the front sprocket. Other than that routine servicing so far plus petrol and tyres :)

Cheers
Rich

·
Registered
360 Posts
Welcome mate. Mototecnica in Artarman is probably your closest dealer. Great bunch of guys and great service run by guys that have a real passion for MVs. Highly recommend them. There's also worthingtons on the central coast but I've had no dealings with them.

Issue wise I haven't had any on my 1090 (standard - not RR). I've only had the bike 2 months though and it's done ~2500km.

Trick bits wise, Moto Tecnica currently has a parts order of mine waiting to be installed. I'll be taking the bike up there on the 6th of 7th of Feb and leaving it with them for a week to get them all fitted. You're welcome to check the bits out if you're interested. All of them were ordered from Evolutionbike in Italy who provided exceptional service - especially when both our Customs and Australia Post lost the shipment after a scanning error (Customs accidentally released the shipment before duty was paid and then recalled it from Australia Post which then screwed up all the tracking).

The bits I've ordered are:

Melotti tail tidy
Rizoma Action LED indicators
Rizoma Tomok mirrors
MV Corse Steering Damper
MV Corse Race ECU
MV Corse Carbon Fibre instrument cover, air box covers, radiator covers, oil radiator cover, front guard
MV Corse Black 1090RR dual seats and Design Corse single to dual seat conversion kit
Tamburini Corse titanium Silenz full race exhaust system
Tamburini Corse Carbon Fibre belly shields
Tamburini Corse Carbon Fibre exhaust hanger

This weekend I'm also fitting a set of Sato Racing rearsets.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts