MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally picked up my 2013 Brutale 1090cc. It's been a year since i parted with my 990.

Started the bike and rode it home. What a feeling, i really missed the brute. The riding position, the engine character and noise, how it just jump and go as you twist the throttle... bliss! And its so easy to ride too..

Sorry... for gushing too much :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats enkil!
I'm sure you will love it!

Now put a descent ride report on here as i am very curious about my new ride too! Mine didn't got out of the garage yet.

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
Finally picked up my 2013 Brutale 1090cc. It's been a year since i parted with my 990.

Started the bike and rode it home. What a feeling, i really missed the brute. The riding position, the engine character and noise, how it just jump and go as you twist the throttle... bliss! And its so easy to ride too..

Sorry... for gushing too much :)
Hi enkil...glad you are enjoying your Brutale 1090RR...

One minor correction, the bike has a 1078 cc motor in it.

It is a romper though!

Chuck

·
Registered
606 Posts
Enjoy your ride :brutale:!

Nice number plate: WTF 773 :smoking:.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nice bike . I like the red frame, black engine and white bodywork

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congrats on receiveing your new 1090. Goes well with your F4 I see :)

Love the plate number - (WTF), just needs a tail tidy... :) :) :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi enkil...glad you are enjoying your Brutale 1090RR...

One minor correction, the bike has a 1078 cc motor in it.

It is a romper though!

Chuck

The 2013 Brutale range includes three flavors:

- 1090cc (the only one with the black engine)
- 1090 R (silver engine)
- 1090 RR (silver engine with Brembo monoblocks and more HP)

http://www.mvagusta.it/en/brutale/brutale-1090-my13

Enkil's Brutale looks like a 1090cc indeed. Which doesn't mean that it isn't a blast to ride. And it looks great! Congratulations!

Cheers!
Angel B.

·
Registered
209 Posts
+1 Angel's on the money...

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Why do you guy always complicate things. Congrats on the 1090 mate, awesome bike.
It's got nothing to do with the engine capacity, but rather the model. 1090 vs the older 1078 model, not hard to get.

So why not just 1090, 1090R and 1090RR.
Same with the F4, F4R, F4RR.......no wonder some of the guys are getting confused, keep it simple always works better, and let's not even go to the latest B5 model which one of the Perth guys mentioned ... huh?
It's not a B5, it's a B4 Brutale, if you call it a B5 then some of have 12 year old bikes with B5 printed on some of the ID stickers and on the castings, or F5 for that matter.

Please excuse the rant gentleman, this frustrates the living daylights out of me, even worse when I've been sick for a week and can't seem to shake it.

Enkil, what does the sticker on the tailpiece say ?
BTW, I love those wheels.

If people knew their bikes and the brand they are riding there won't be this much confusion. Right now in Australia there's about 5 F4's up for sale under the heading - 2011 F4 998 For Sale - what is that about. It's a F4 1000 - done.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all. Had no chance to really ride the brute yet. Just only done 300km so far with a few night outings. Initial review i like it very much, This is what im looking in a bike. Punchy engine and very very easy manouverbility. Its so easy to lean. Suspension was set too soft so went ahead and stiffen it a bit. Now its better. First full tank the low fuel came on at 170km. This is with full power motoman style run in. Just did the oil change at 200km. Will have to wait for a holiday long weekend now . :)

Donsy which sticker? On the right? 1090cc
This is the only model of the 2013 line that has been brought in so far. I have traded in my F4R. Sad but i don't enjoy riding it as much as my previous 990 brute so hence the change :)

Hope i will travel even further with this Brute. Last time i've managed to reach Phuket and Koh Samui. It's just fun to ride.

Cheers

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is my previous F4R. Gonna miss you baby. Got a fair price for it so went ahead. 11000km on the clock. Exactly one year old. :)

The plate number is interchangeable to any new vehicle.

WTF (What the Fxxx! yup ) 773. Born Year 77 March :)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Wow

Thanks all. Had no chance to really ride the brute yet. Just only done 300km so far with a few night outings. Initial review i like it very much, This is what im looking in a bike. Punchy engine and very very easy manouverbility. Its so easy to lean. Suspension was set too soft so went ahead and stiffen it a bit. Now its better. First full tank the low fuel came on at 170km. This is with full power motoman style run in. Just did the oil change at 200km. Will have to wait for a holiday long weekend now . :)

Donsy which sticker? On the right? 1090cc
This is the only model of the 2013 line that has been brought in so far. I have traded in my F4R. Sad but i don't enjoy riding it as much as my previous 990 brute so hence the change :)

Hope i will travel even further with this Brute. Last time i've managed to reach Phuket and Koh Samui. It's just fun to ride.

Cheers
That's a big trade mate. Hope you enjoy the 1090cc then :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Why do you guy always complicate things. Congrats on the 1090 mate, awesome bike.
It's got nothing to do with the engine capacity, but rather the model. 1090 vs the older 1078 model, not hard to get.

So why not just 1090, 1090R and 1090RR.
Same with the F4, F4R, F4RR.......no wonder some of the guys are getting confused, keep it simple always works better, and let's not even go to the latest B5 model which one of the Perth guys mentioned ... huh?
It's not a B5, it's a B4 Brutale, if you call it a B5 then some of have 12 year old bikes with B5 printed on some of the ID stickers and on the castings, or F5 for that matter.

Please excuse the rant gentleman, this frustrates the living daylights out of me, even worse when I've been sick for a week and can't seem to shake it.

Enkil, what does the sticker on the tailpiece say ?
BTW, I love those wheels.

If people knew their bikes and the brand they are riding there won't be this much confusion. Right now in Australia there's about 5 F4's up for sale under the heading - 2011 F4 998 For Sale - what is that about. It's a F4 1000 - done.

I agree with your Perth bloke, BUT it's a B52 ! :stickpoke:naughty::)

Enjoy your bike Enkil !

Any chance of more pics both in daylight and in the dark, with the dash cover running LED's switched on ? :naughty::)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I agree with your Perth bloke, BUT it's a B52 ! :stickpoke:naughty::)

Enjoy your bike Enkil !

Any chance of more pics both in daylight and in the dark, with the dash cover running LED's switched on ? :naughty::)
Thanks.. Will see what i can do with th pics. :f4:

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts
It is a 1090cc Model. I didn't know that existed and it seems a bit silly and confusing as Donsy has stated. Now I am going to have to figure out WHY it's called a "cc" and what the differences are.

The motor, however, is still 1078 cc of displacement.:smoking:

·
Registered
185 Posts
enkil,

Did you changed your TC settings yet? And if so, at which level is it?

Guy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts