MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alvin, just saw the info on the main page :) ...now that's news :mouthwate . Looks like a scoop. I spoke to my dealer today and he only knows about the 980, and said there was nothing formal. I wonder if they have done anything with the frame, if not the overall look. I always thought the frame was limiting the use of the larger engine. I suppose not :f4:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
emmvee said:
The CC is 1080 cc's, with stock frame, no?
Yes...but I always thought the Brutale frame was smaller. Might have that wrong. But the news is good. Presumably we get the definitive story in November/Milan.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
If you read the article on the front page, USA usually gets it towards the end of the year of release

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Same frames, different holes drilled in the slotted mounting points.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I read that it has traction control "to limit wheelies"....seriously
Either way it sounds WOW

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I heard that, so i wrote it as a rumor. It needs to limit the wheelies, we all know that the 1078 brutale america that was built had a hard time keeping the front on the ground. The 910 is already easy enough to lift!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Well it might be good news for those who are about to buy one next year, but for us already having a 750 or 910 this one will be a pain regarding depreciation....

·
Registered
685 Posts
my rule of thumb if finances arent a concern : a new bike every year.

saab said:
Well it might be good news for those who are about to buy one next year, but for us already having a 750 or 910 this one will be a pain regarding depreciation....

·
Registered
120 Posts
johnsk6 said:
my rule of thumb if finances arent a concern : a new bike every year.
Any chance to have this rule approved by the government on wives? :) Even thought that this would be a real financial concern..

·
Registered
349 Posts
I guess its because we live in a world where bigger is better. Do we really need a 1078 engine in a naked bike? I mean last time i hit 100mph on my brute i was getting beat up by the wind. I thought the main reason for a naked bike was to have a more comfortable position for riding. Adding more power to already powerful bike doesnt make much sence to me, especially when its a naked.
I respect the industry and think its great for the motorcycle business to keep turning up nwer bikes, but why not focus on making the newer technology based on safety and or convenience. Maybe add abs, gps, hid lights, led brake lights and turn signals, factory alarm, smart keyless ignition , steering damper, more comfortable seats, or maybe a headlight that doesnt shed its glass....

just my $0.02....

Rob

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm with you, Rob.

That and I doubt I could afford a new motorcycle right now. So, if anyone wants to buy a 1078 next year and summarily crash it within a few inches of its life, I'll be happy to purchase the wreckage off of you.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
MaskU2See said:
I guess its because we live in a world where bigger is better. Do we really need a 1078 engine in a naked bike?
Rob
No, but the magazine guys can convince most people they do. Me? I want a lighter, smaller Brute. The 675 triple sounds great. I'll gladly trade a couple less HP for 75 or 80 less lbs.

·
Registered
349 Posts
emmvee said:
No, but the magazine guys can convince most people they do. Me? I want a lighter, smaller Brute. The 675 triple sounds great. I'll gladly trade a couple less HP for 75 or 80 less lbs.

+1

Exactly.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts