MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I did my first 50 kilometers with my new 1078rr after last october crash (910 r mod.2006 destroyed and exposed fracture of shinbone and fibula).It's completely different, engine seems to be electric instead of the raw 910 R engine,the on off effect does not exist anymore ( because of the running in I did not exceed 7000 rpms ).The brakes are fantastic,more power and sensibility than the old P4 / 34 Brembo's,one finger is enough to stop the bike at the end of Monza's principle straight!I use a lot "the braking effect of the engine" while changing gears down , but now , the anti slippery clutch totally eliminates this effect ( with a little rebound on the clutch lever ).Next report when I 'll finish the running in.The sound is very hoarse,when I will eliminate the air box snorkels and install the complete Arrow stubby exhaust system the Brutale's sound will become monstrous.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
What do you mean by eliminating air box snorkels? Can you show it on some picture?

I will test ride a 1078 in coming months, already did test 989. It's a torque-monster, very responsive, very fast, no abrupt throttle.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
nice one!!! have both the 910R and the 1078RR and know exactly what you mean :-D

...will you use the RACE ECU with the Arrow stubby? 'cause if you eliminate the cat and use the stubby, i'm not sure the standard ECU will be able to correct the A/F ratio despite the info fed back from the 02 sensor. The standard ECU has a limit to how much the A/F ratio can be corrected.
I know the RACE ECU is not available yet...

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
What do you mean by eliminating air box snorkels? Can you show it on some picture?

I will test ride a 1078 in coming months, already did test 989. It's a torque-monster, very responsive, very fast, no abrupt throttle.
The airbox has internal "snorkels" that would seem to restrict the airflow. Awhile back many tried to remove these and used their butt dynos to see if they got more hp :moon:

After many opinions some said it did give them some more power :yo:
others said it felt like they had less :eek:

John, aka Airfuel, found that there was no noticeable gain when he dynoed his 910r. Also, many think they are in place to direct the air and smooth out any turbulence creating better airflow. :conveyer:

I hope I got that right.............:lightning

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The airbox has internal "snorkels" that would seem to restrict the airflow. Awhile back many tried to remove these and used their butt dynos to see if they got more hp :moon:

After many opinions some said it did give them some more power :yo:
others said it felt like they had less :eek:

John, aka Airfuel, found that there was no noticeable gain when he dynoed his 910r. Also, many think they are in place to direct the air and smooth out any turbulence creating better airflow. :conveyer:

I hope I got that right.............:lightning
Correct.

Only benefit to removing them is a louder intake noise; But there are performance detriments.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice one!!! have both the 910R and the 1078RR and know exactly what you mean :-D

...will you use the RACE ECU with the Arrow stubby? 'cause if you eliminate the cat and use the stubby, i'm not sure the standard ECU will be able to correct the A/F ratio despite the info fed back from the 02 sensor. The standard ECU has a limit to how much the A/F ratio can be corrected.
I know the RACE ECU is not available yet...
The mechanics in my country (Italy) disassembly the original CPU (Marelli 5SM), sent it to MV where it 'll be reprogrammed or you can buy an original CPU and reprogram this one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

I can confirm the Darkside's answer.I will do this for increase the air intake noise.The power increase comes from the changing of the exhaust system,the air filter with a race item(BMC) and reprogramming the CPU.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
NICE BIKE! There is an article in this months Bike magazine, its the 1078RR vs the Kawa Z1000. Its asking the question whether the 1078RR is worth twice the money. IN short the 1078 opens a can of very large Whoopass on the kawa. they called it an absolute animal with the fastest 40-120mph time they have ever recorded. They agree that its pricey but also agree that it is twice as good in SOME areas. However, they did say that they would rather spend the money on a Z1000 and spend the change on a 910r. But thats just them sitting on the fence as usual. Tell you what, i'll scan the review in and post it up tommorrow.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've been searching online as well as this forum for months to try to find out what the price and availability of the bike will be in the US. The local dealer has no clue. Anybody heard something i've missed?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks, guys. I'm going to call the dealer here in Jersey tomorrow and see if he has anything new to offer regarding price & delivery. I suppose he's going to go for shipping & set up charges too.....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks, guys. I'm going to call the dealer here in Jersey tomorrow and see if he has anything new to offer regarding price & delivery. I suppose he's going to go for shipping & set up charges too.....
Go for it, they are absolutely stunning! We have just fitted a very Gucci, circular steering damper to our demo bike which looks really trick!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone from the north Jersey MV dealer (Trebour Motorcycles) and he said (paraphrasing) "The local HD rep told them that HD wanted to sell off the MV's currently in the US and that there would be no new MVs until next year". Honestly, he didn't sound very convincing and I'm not sure whether to believe him or not. I'm sitting here wondering if anyone knows the real story....... If any of you have a dealer or number I can call to get to the truth of the matter, please let me know.

Steve

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
He is mis-informed. Point him to the MVAgustaUSA web site, and tell him to call their offices instead of listening to the Harley sales rep (the source of misinformation).

·
Registered
115 Posts
OK, You are correct. Thanks! I can put in a pre order now and have it around June. $16,995. No dealer set up or freight costs with a pre order. Now the big question..... which color???. I think I'm going for the white.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts