MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok now onto the exhaust,need your views,I am going to cut the pipes at the front of the bike just before the cat converter because it is all one piece,then pull it of the back mufflers,ok then i will take it to the pipe master in brisbane just to run 2 pipes straight through.what are your thoughts ,am i going to effect backpressure etc.i have looked at the arrow mid pipes and it seems 2 pipes run into one,but that is not the case as the middle pipe seems like 2 welded together. your thoughts please.the pipe guy can flange all ends and weld the holding plate.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Keep the original cans and losing the cat no probs - why not just get a decat pie and get a couple of loops for the springs welded onto the headers Job done and you can keep the 4-2-1-2 configuration

edit - get the de-cat with the thread for the lambda sensor

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all ordered arrow mid pipe $495.00 delivered by admant industries australia,yes i know could have gotten it cheaper overseas,but have to support these guys,might of saved 50.00 bucks,at least i wont loose it in transit from overseas.maybe from sydney to brisbane. i will just cut the pipes and slip it on with no spring it really is not going to move,i think.trial and error.p:s totale got the lambda.

·
Registered
851 Posts
eddypro - "at least i wont loose it in transit from overseas." :jsm:

Don't say that I'm waiting for my Arrow set-up to arrive from Brisbane :smoking:

·
Registered
112 Posts
all ordered arrow mid pipe $495.00 delivered by admant industries australia,yes i know could have gotten it cheaper overseas,but have to support these guys,might of saved 50.00 bucks,at least i wont loose it in transit from overseas.maybe from sydney to brisbane. i will just cut the pipes and slip it on with no spring it really is not going to move,i think.trial and error.p:s totale got the lambda.
let me know how it goes, I'll be ordering one too.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I also ordered mine fro Admant - good service. Replaced both headers and mid pipe. The O2 sensor is screwed back into the Arrow Link pipe and have not had to adjust any settings. Bike runs fine, a little bit louder (but that's fine) and apparently a few more HPs (but not noticable).

Looks heaps better and the weight difference between 2 products is huge (my guess is 5 to 6 kgs)

Fitting was done my local Triumph dealer (at the time we had no local MV dealer) took him approx 1 hour. If you are technically inclined and have the tools should be easy to do yourself. My worry was stripping threads as the bolts are well loctited in. Also the radiator had to be moved forward a bit to release the headers.

Anyway all in all a well worth change - for me just for the cosmetics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts