MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I was under impression that the 1078 had 154 bhp. I mean, everyone here always mentioned that and the data's also scattered around on the web. However MV's site claims just 146.8 (b)hp. Why's that?

·
Registered
132 Posts
think the lower BHP is more accurate as MV used to exagerate the figures, but when HD bought the company they released the more accurate figures.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Mine did a stock dyno of 133.5 rwhp and 77fp torque.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hand built to the point of having a 20 bhp difference? I didn't know the MV were exaggerating, I was once told that they were indeed underestimating their figures. It probably doesn't matter, was just looking to compare the raw specs of 910vs1078vs1090 but it seems now such a comparison would be useless.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Alll I know is that at full throttle my front wheel is in the air at about 7k in first and second...maybe even 3rd ...never tried as I run out of road here....and I weigh 240 lbs. so don't worry yourself over it.

My Duc. 1198 I had dynoed at 156 RHP...so call it 170 at the crank. I can't use it on the street, and probably not even on the track. The point being, is that my Ducati is probably faster, and defintitely has more torque...but I can't tell because neither of them can I pin the throttle to redline on the street....and I don't have time to get out to the track. I don't even know if the MV has a shift light or even what the redline is...I have never redlined my Ducati or seen it's shift light either, and beleive me I ride fast, especially out in the mountains...THEY ARE BOTH TOO FUKKKING FAST FOR THE STREET to do it sanely.....

If I had to call it, I would say the 1090rr maybe acutally "quicker" than the duc. due to the gearing. THe Duc. has more grunt....But I digress..I have been riding over 20yrs and and any model brutale has more than enough balls to rock your world. It's always a coin toss which bike I'm going to ride and the MV usually wins becasue it is sooooo much easier on my body, and a fun little ride to poke around on. THe Duc. is like climbing into a cockpit and readying yourself for a dogfight. You are not always up for it.

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
851 Posts
One of the decent American mags (can see online) does a dyno test and gives you real figures - can't remember which one though !

Oh Yes - and first 4th gear wheelie last weekend:wtf:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Sorry boys and f4 lovers. since I brought it up

Truth is, as cool as this bike is, I never ride it. It's 10 -1 on the brutale and it's still a coin toss which bike I'm going to ride when I do the twisties. 50/50 unless I really feel like taking to the edge, then I run with the Duc.

Attachments

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hello. I was under impression that the 1078 had 154 bhp. I mean, everyone here always mentioned that and the data's also scattered around on the web. However MV's site claims just 146.8 (b)hp. Why's that?
Im surprised by this.... my 750s makes 130bhp with a corse chip, cored pipes and a pc111

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
It also depends at what rpm you get the hp and at what torque. Also every dyno is different.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The UK magazine Fast Bike put one on a Dyno last year and it gave 133bhp at the back wheel. They had tested a 910s a couple of months earlier and it was making 127bhp. The big difference was in the torque, the 910 topped out at around 85 Nm at 8500rpm, the 1078 was making that at 4000 and going up to 110Nm at 7750 rpm.

In the same mag they tested a F4 1000 312 it made 165 bhp and 108 Nm and in 0-100 mph test the brutale was only 0.14 slower than the F4.

At the end of the day as has already been pointed out the 1078 has more than enough power for every day road use and even the testers at Fast Bike (probably the UK’s most sport bike orientated mag) said that the lower power of the 910 made it a better road bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts