MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I rode a new 2009 1078RR today. The bike felt great, but with every shift a got a "double click" feeling through the clutch lever. Very strange!

I owned a '07 910R and the tranny was perfect.

The only thing I could attribute this to is possibly the new slipper clutch that comes in the 1078.

I'm very interested in the bike but that was just weird. It didn't matter if it was an up shift or a down shift, I always felt a double click. In fact, if I pulled the clutch with just 2 fingers (index and middle), the second "click" would allow the clutch to come back a little more and the lever would very slightly hit my ring finger. It was kind of annoying. The bike never missed a gear, but it was always a very quick - CLICK, CLICK.

Is this normal on the 1078's?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I haven`t been on the 1078RR but on the BMW S1000RR I noticed the same thing on downshifting--was told it was normal with slipper clutch.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes, that's the slipper clutch. Put me off the 1078 F4. Felt weird, like something was wrong. I expect you get used to it..

·
Registered
514 Posts
Same here - I was "warned" about it at time of hand over from shop that it is the slipper clutch - after 1,500kms I don't even notice until this thread reminded me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here - I was "warned" about it at time of hand over from shop that it is the slipper clutch - after 1,500kms I don't even notice until this thread reminded me.
Thanks for the replys guys. I talked to a shop about it and they stated the same as you guys do.

Just felt weird to me because I was used to my 910R.

·
Registered
851 Posts
bugman - "very slick compared to my Brutale which is notchy and haard to find neutral" - Not being able to find neutral easily on the Brutale isn't normal :wtf: - maybe you need to take a look at clutch adjustment/the state of the oil/ inspect/clean the plates

1 - 11 of 11 Posts