1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of questions on the Brutale 09 1078 or 2010 1090:
What's a good tank bag that fits well?
Any windscreens available?
Aftermarket exhausts to get rid of Cat; Arrow?
If you use a full exhaust, do you get a Powercommander? If so,
the 1090 is being developed and the 1078 says it only works past 18% throttle and 5500 rpm. Any way to modify the closed loop?
Recall issues? Rear hub, water pump impeller? Radiator? Mirrors falling out as in Cycle World test?
Thanks,
from a MV prospective owner...

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have the MV-branded tank bag on my 1090 - it's nice, holds a lot and fits perfectly.

the mirrors might as well fall out - you can't see much out of them anyway

Can't speak to the rest of your questions.

·
Registered
229 Posts
although the mirrors are not perfect , they are not that bad on the 1090 , just move your elbow in every now and then , to be honest if you cant do that then slow down

·
Registered
871 Posts
I would be interested in any of that info for the 1078. Mine is likely in for the season and is currently in pieces getting exhaust installed. Went with the stubby thunder arrow, carbon/carbon. the 09 needs the full system because they welded everything this time instead of having joints to remove just the cat on the 08. Yes need a power commander. Having mirrors removed and some nice end-bar ones put on. Can't see shiite out of mirrors. Might replace the slave, but still not decided on this, heard it makes it hard to find neutral because the clutch won't fully disengage. will do research.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts