MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm luck enough to be picking up a new 1000 RR next week. Quick question is that it comes with a different size front sprocket. Does anyone know why and should I change it?
I take it that it improves low down grunt? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Hi, I'm luck enough to be picking up a new 1000 RR next week. Quick question is that it comes with a different size front sprocket. Does anyone know why and should I change it?
I take it that it improves low down grunt? Thanks in advance.
congratulations on purchasing one of these think it comes with a 15T fitted sprocket and you get a 16T spare supplied it depends on how you ride 16t will make the gearing a little bit taller
it depends on how you ride .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congratulations on purchasing one of these think it comes with a 15T fitted sprocket and you get a 16T spare supplied it depends on how you ride 16t will make the gearing a little bit taller
it depends on how you ride .
Thanks for your reply. Will have a look when it turns up. I have read that it is a little slow on the pick up? compared to other bikes on the market.

·
Registered
561 Posts
the reviews I have seen have said its easy to ride around town and main power comes on strong at 8000 rpm if it was mine i would be riding it to see how I feel if it was to quick at low down speeds I would be fitting the 16t sprocket but its not my bike and its about how you ride it yourself .

·
Wing Nut
21,314 Posts
Larger front sprocket will give lower rpm at cruising speeds, but slightly less acceleration from low rpm.
These bikes have pretty dang good acceleration regardless.
Advantages of larger front sprocket include better touring fuel economy and longer chain life (with proper maintenance).
Advantage of smaller sprocket include more wheelies !!!
Enjoy your new ride !!

·
Registered
744 Posts
I vote wheelies>fuel economy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
WHEEEEEELIEssssss ~~~~o/*

·
Registered
761 Posts
It has a 16T on it, it comes with a 15T. I had it changed on my Rush and it made a big difference in low end pickup. I didn't need it geared for 180mph, so you lose 10-15MPH on the top end. It is much easier to ride around town with the 15T sprocket.

Reactions: esq'z me
1 - 8 of 8 Posts