MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a 2005 750 brute, stock all round apart from full arrow exhaust and PC3. I'm looking at turning it into a complete weapon to have some fun on. Chasing some suggestions for engine mods and also suspension upgrades. Located Sunshine Coast,QLD, Australia but happy to import parts.

Cheers

Nick

Attachments

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Drop a 1078 brutale motor in it?Maybe.Lol

What do you actually want to achieve

Nick the bike looks great

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Maybe a Nitron rear shock,Cheaper than the Ohlins.Front shocks, now that's a different issue i am still looking into this,and just might go have them re valved. maybe. I actually took out a new speed triple r with Ohlins on the front and honestly my shocks where pretty good I have done a lot of adjustments on them and have them set up not to bad,but was thinking of getting a guy at brendale who does shocks up.I think this would be your cheapest option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Want to squeeze the most power possible out of the stock block. Looking at doing internals and possible turbo if parts are readily available and not too much custom work

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
There is a guy on the NSW North Coast who built up a turbo Brutale. It featured in an issue of Rapid Bike a few years ago.
Might be way cheaper to buy a later model with the bigger motor if it's grunt you are after...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Hi all,

I have a 2005 750 brute, stock all round apart from full arrow exhaust and PC3.

Nick
You must be talking here about another bike, because the bike in the photo is for sure not stock.
I kind of believe that there was a big bore kit available from Ferracci or others for the early bikes.
And I remember seeing a blown Brutale on the net might even here at the forum.
Some lighter wheels of the later Bruties or F4 would be a beginner.
Might some titanium headers, mid pipe and muffler.
Suspension from Öhlins, Mupo or others.
You could fidle also some forks with radial brakes onto it.
However here is a stock Brutale.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Anyone can make a larger cc engine produce power it's doing it with a 750 or below that's hard. I don't mind a challenge or the price tag to achieve it

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
This was a 750 brute to begin with

My wife Jen has a Brute which began life in 2005 as a 750,

Over the years a lot of money and work later here it is,

910 conversion, 520 chain sprockets, X bikes PC3 and tune, MV Special parts silencers, 1000r front forks, Brembo M4 calipers, HEL lines, Brembo HPK 320mm discs, BST carbon wheels, lots of carbon fibre and Ti bolts etc.

Still work in progress.

jimboF4

Attachments

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
There is more to be had by some head work (can put you in touch with someone if you like) and a turbo has been done (here in AU) before as mentioned, I have scans of the magazine article posted here in a thread somewhere.

But I suggest the best bang for buck is put a 910 engine in there, or simply buy a 910R. I know someone with a 910R that would like a 750 if you want to go down that road....

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Yes ,but look at the top gear acceleration ,over 4 seconds faster,so what are you looking to achieve,faster quarter mile time ,or just have a radical bike,and have fun building one.There is a difference between these bikes.
cheers

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Having owned and ridden both a 750 and 910 extensively I can say the 910 is way more grunty low down and pulls harder all through the rev range. The 750 isn't slow, but even with the higher gearing the 910 is much quicker.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Having owned and ridden both a 750 and 910 extensively I can say the 910 is way more grunty low down and pulls harder all through the rev range. The 750 isn't slow, but even with the higher gearing the 910 is much quicker.
Totally agree, the 750 was quick when wound up, the 910 grunts from very low revs.
The engine swap is an easy task and if there is a good cheap 910 available certainly the best tune up option.

jimboF4

·
Registered
639 Posts
My wife Jen has a Brute which began life in 2005 as a 750,

Over the years a lot of money and work later here it is,

910 conversion, 520 chain sprockets, X bikes PC3 and tune, MV Special parts silencers, 1000r front forks, Brembo M4 calipers, HEL lines, Brembo HPK 320mm discs, BST carbon wheels, lots of carbon fibre and Ti bolts etc.

Still work in progress.

jimboF4
Thats one nice looking bike !!!:yo:

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Cheers mate

Thats one nice looking bike !!!:yo:

It is my wife's pride and joy and she is still planning more tweaks for it, I get worried when I think how much money and effort has gone into it, certainly draws some attention when she parks it up.

One day I will do some nice photo's of it.

jimboF4

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Sacreligious question here? Why not sell the 750 and buy a 1078? The end result will likely be a more powerful bike without teething or developmental problems.......and you'll spend exponentially less money.

This question coming from a guy that has spend zillions chasing similar goals over the last 40 years or so.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts