MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this Bike, but this MIRROR VIBRATION is driving up the friggen wall.

I have taken it to 2 dealers and neither could fix it. Have a couple rubbler hoses cut in half to help, but they move around and don't work.

Anyone find a sure fix for this. It's seriously annoying. I'd change ther mirrors altogher but they have the turn signals incorporated in them, an it's too much of a hassle.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is the problem:
1. the mirrors vibrate excessively while riding making objects in the mirror fuzzy, or

2. the mirrors stalks vibrate and shift the glass changing the alignment?

Or something else?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They buzz within their plastic housing as RPM's rise. The image is still clear, or clear enough, but the noise is like fingers on a chalkboard annoying. The tolerance between the mirror and plastic surrounding is too tight. It's like a swarm of bees going off as I accelerate.

thks for reply.

·
Registered
327 Posts
They buzz within their plastic housing as RPM's rise. The image is still clear, or clear enough, but the noise is like fingers on a chalkboard annoying. The tolerance between the mirror and plastic surrounding is too tight. It's like a swarm of bees going off as I accelerate.

thks for reply.

Ahh okey, then they fixed the useless mirror shaking not seeing anything problem

·
Registered
210 Posts
Same problem

Hi mate, got the same problem, thought I could just ignore it but it gets more annoying each time I ride cos I'm listening for it now. I have tried removing the mirror stalks and putting rubber between the the stalk and the bar, it doesn't help so the only cure I can come up with is to remove the mirror glass and file it down but I don't know how to get the glass out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
take the bar ends off and squeeze as much memory foam down the bars as possible , also stick 2 1" wide double thickness of black no. plate mount double sided between the mirror and the houseing were you think its most lickely to vibrate.

I did both of these at the same time so not sure which was the solution but mine do not buzz or blur any more.

Hope this helps .

Steve

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool will try. I was going to try the file down glass trick. Think I'll do both. Feels like I'm driving an egg beater sometimes. Other than that! I have no complaints!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't think there is much you can do. I have never been on a bike that had functional mirrors that made me comfortable. Nothing can replace a glance over the shoulder in my opinion. Sounds like Steve has it figured out. I will attempt on my 1078 as well. WHO uses mirrors anyway??? jk ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Lose the stocks, get yourself a pair of CRG lanesplitters. rock solid and you can actually see with them. Not to mention they look way cool.
:smoking:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Lose the stocks, get yourself a pair of CRG lanesplitters. rock solid and you can actually see with them. Not to mention they look way cool.
The problem is that the turn signal is built into the mirror on the 990/1090 so it's no longer easy to put aftermarket mirrors on.

·
Registered
147 Posts
so get yourself some sharp rizoma indicators as well. i don't have a new brutale here in front of me but i doubt that installing barend mirrors is terribly difficult on one.
i've got tons of mods on my bike and although putting mirrors on that actually allow me to see what's behind me isn't terribly sexy, it's certainly the one that made me the safest.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts