MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I decided that there was a bit too much noise from the valve gear of my 350 Ipotesi, so I removed the cover and checked the clearances for the first time.

One of the inlet valves was a bit wide, so I went to lossen off the locknut, and the adjuster broke off.. It had obviously been overtightened by the previous owner.

Now my question -

Does anyone know where I can source a replacement adjuster screw from.

I plan to chase down the local wrecker and see if I can find spomething as a temporary replacement, but I would like to get the correct part as a permanent replacement.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
The UK MV Owners Club have a surprising amount of spares but you need to be a member to purchase stuff. It costs (I think can't see my receipt anywhere) 30 pounds a year, it is WELL worth it & you get a magazine quarterly as well. Dorian & crew do a FANTASTIC job in finding parts & building up inventories. It is worth supporting it even if you don't need anything.

Failing that - with stuff I can't get I have it engineered, I am lucky to have a friend who owns a massive engineering concern and he happily gets his boys to knock up whatever I need, usually free :eek:

I guess if all else fails, take the broken part to a local engineering shop & see what they can do.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

A quick look around the UK Owners Club web site confirms your comments and I have paid the membership fee. Next we will see if they can help with the part.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I was just flicking through e-bay and came across some parts for sale for a 350 MV (doesn't say what model) which may be of use.

item # 200652441884 and sold by emmevi_nl . may be worth a look or an enquiry

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info - but looks like this listing is for a pair of used exhaust valves. I need the adjuster screw.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
hi John

It might be worth contacting him as he may have the parts but not on e-bay. There is someone in the Netherlands who has quite a few spare parts for MVs.

The for sale section of the bike museum also has someone selling MV parts who also may be able to help.

cheers

·
Registered
576 Posts
Hi John.

I'm nearly 100% sure we have these in stock and have received your order.

Bit delayed as been on holiday but will be 'on to it' next wee i think.

Dorian.

MV Club GB

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the UK MV Owners Club came through. Replacement parts have arrived and been fitted.

The club is a great asset, and the service they provide is great. Thanks guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts