MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I was riding my MV 750 last Saturday and about 10 min. into the ride ,as i was shifting in to 6th i heard a clunk sound, thought i missed the gear than after that noise,a loud rattling coming from the engine, I pulled over to access the problem,checked all the commen sense things(oil,chain,lose parts etc). So it sounds like a very bad valve tap .since its is comming from the top of the engine,only have 5678 miles on it,This weekend it goes To FBF, hopefully its not to serious,I was able to ride it back to my house keeping the RPM down to about 2000 RPM traveling on the shoulder.Wish me luck guys!

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Good luck! I hope it is not as expensive as it sounds. Or if it is, hopefully it is covered under warranty.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have an older 750 with 15,000 miles on the clock, so I'm scared that this happened to you at less than 6K. I hope its the most minor thing possible.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Check the brass inserts used inside the rubber gromet that holds the small plastic cover around the airbox and the frame. I'm wondering maybe the thing got loose and sucked into the intake. If thats the case it could cause a lot of the problems you are stating. Gonna need new valves if thats the case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts