MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my engine F4 2013 is broken, the internal chain from the engine has burst causing this many internal damage (bent valves etc) I am very upset and disappointed with this bike to change the brand, as it only has 6200 kms and have a very smooth ride, seems to be a manufacturing problem as another user from another city f4 2013 also happened ...... I'm hoping the same factory as can solve, now they are on vacation. ......... some of you know if this happened to another user ???

Greetings

juan

·
Vendor
5,280 Posts
Juan,this is really bad news and very unlucky for you.I am sure MV will put a complete new engine in for you.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry to hear this Juan. This should be done under warranty!
Parece que mv agusta colombia va a responder , bajo la ayuda de la casa mv agusta , la verdad decepcionado con esta moto contando con que a un amigo de medellin le enviaron un motor nuevo por este problema y nuevamente se partio , mv agusta va a cambiar toda la moto a el , esperemos que por lo menos me reemplacen el motor por uno nuevo y sin estos problemas

saludos

juan

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Juan,this is really bad news and very unlucky for you.I am sure MV will put a complete new engine in for you.
Thanks mitchy ....... just hope mv agusta fully answer me with the guarantee can solve this problem as another user I know the same thing also happened

Greetings

juan

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
ah mate you must be absolutly gutted. But as the others have said, this is exactly why we have warrantys. have you had it serviced by an MV dealer?

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was really surprised to read what happened to your bike. This is definitely not common and I am sure MV will get it all sorted out for you. Good luck

PS: I wonder if MV ( and Aprilia) under Mercedes ownership will stop this practice of closing the factory in August; this is no the 1950's anymore.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Weird, I got an email response from their customer care in Italy just a couple of days ago regarding a question that I had about their apparel catalog. They answered it about over a month late but they answered nonetheless, in August. Are you sure that they are closed? BTW they have no riding gear line at this time and referred me to the secondary market. Warranty should cover it. Again, with so few bikes made I would expect fewer if any failures as catastrophic as this. The brochure states that the engine is built to the highest standards by expert technicians. Hmm

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Parece que mv agusta colombia va a responder , bajo la ayuda de la casa mv agusta , la verdad decepcionado con esta moto contando con que a un amigo de medellin le enviaron un motor nuevo por este problema y nuevamente se partio , mv agusta va a cambiar toda la moto a el , esperemos que por lo menos me reemplacen el motor por uno nuevo y sin estos problemas

saludos

juan
Muy importante ver que MV responde.Suerte!

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Hey guys my engine F4 2013 is broken, the internal chain from the engine has burst causing this many internal damage (bent valves etc) I am very upset and disappointed with this bike to change the brand, as it only has 6200 kms and have a very smooth ride, seems to be a manufacturing problem as another user from another city f4 2013 also happened ...... I'm hoping the same factory as can solve, now they are on vacation. ......... some of you know if this happened to another user ???

Greetings

juan
Juan, that is a sad thing to hear and I hope the factory will replace it and pay the dealer to install a replacement engine.

It shouldn't happen but these things do. August is almost over now so the vacation ( which is all of Italian Industry and not solely MV ) won't affect you too much .

I would be contacting the dealer and take it forward from here.

joe

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi guys, thanks for your good energies to solve this, I'm just waiting for mv agusta fully answer me with my warranty and if possible with a new engine because mine suffered many internal injuries .......... .me concern is that the rehearing be defected ......... also remember that another user already broke 2 motors almost the same problem with mine and 3 would be broken engines and 2013

Best regards and hope to have more news to further

juan

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
It is really sad to read this, but it makes You really wonder why three engines are getting broken in Columbia and nowhere else on this blue marble.
Is this possibly an issue with MV's getting assembled in Brazil?
But than again why do this engines not break in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay,....
What is different in Columbia?
I guess a lot but from an engines point of view.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is really sad to read this, but it makes You really wonder why three engines are getting broken in Columbia and nowhere else on this blue marble.
Is this possibly an issue with MV's getting assembled in Brazil?
But than again why do this engines not break in Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay,....
What is different in Columbia?
I guess a lot but from an engines point of view.
If truth is very disappointing to me that this is happening, and I have a technical answer, which would be the cause, I do not make a wrong assertion but I have many doubts with the quality of the components of the F4 2013 because I've also had electrical problems, fairings etc .... I also have a 2007 f4 1000R 7 years ago and I have not had any problems, only use normal stuff

Greetings

juan

·
Registered
661 Posts
Aren't these all handmade in Italy 100%?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts