MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help.....

A few nights ago I was following a truck and had the headlight glass smashed on my 1090RR.(I have always had headlight protectors on all of my bikes, but one was not made for the 1090RR yet)

I rang the dealers in Oz and they told me that you can only change the entire headlight assembly, which is a fabulous AUD$1500:jsm::jsm::jsm:

Now reading the parts catalogue it shows a separate part number for a headlight cover. Is this part available separately or not? I can't afford the whole assembly here and going through my insurance still has an excess of $600.

HELP!!!.........

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got lucky and found a used one just the glass with the plastic rim for 300 on ebay. Keep checking online all the forums and ebay

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I need some help.....

A few nights ago I was following a truck and had the headlight glass smashed on my 1090RR.(I have always had headlight protectors on all of my bikes, but one was not made for the 1090RR yet)

I rang the dealers in Oz and they told me that you can only change the entire headlight assembly, which is a fabulous AUD$1500:jsm::jsm::jsm:

Now reading the parts catalogue it shows a separate part number for a headlight cover. Is this part available separately or not? I can't afford the whole assembly here and going through my insurance still has an excess of $600.

HELP!!!.........
Full headlight assembly is 604.00 EUR = 743.743 AUD (plus shipping, maybe about AUD$100, but I am not sure)

http://www.startwintrading.com/en/model/brutale/brutale_990_-_10/oem/696

Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors now offer a protector for AUD $59:

http://www.amhp.com.au/amhpshop/index.php?cPath=37

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Getec..

Thanks for the very helpful link.. Looking at getting my Brute early March, and that will be the first item on the list.

Cheers,

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Full headlight assembly is 604.00 EUR = 743.743 AUD (plus shipping, maybe about AUD$100, but I am not sure)

http://www.startwintrading.com/en/model/brutale/brutale_990_-_10/oem/696

Australian Motorcycle Headlight Protectors now offer a protector for AUD $59:

http://www.amhp.com.au/amhpshop/index.php?cPath=37
Thanks. Yes I know about the protector, but they were not available when I picked up the bike from Troopers. Just my luck....

I have been on line everywhere and I know the price is around the AUD$800 mark for the full assembly, but I really want to know whether you can buy just the glass and surround as per the parts manual.

I hope someone can help.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
If I were you I'd jury rig a round headlight to your bike until one comes up second hand on the forum or on ebay...My mate did that when his Brutale headlight cracked.

probly a bit harder on yours as it has projectors I think ? not regular bulbs like pre 2010

The pre 2010 bikes you could get just the glass

joe

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I were you I'd jury rig a round headlight to your bike until one comes up second hand on the forum or on ebay...My mate did that when his Brutale headlight cracked.

probly a bit harder on yours as it has projectors I think ? not regular bulbs like pre 2010

The pre 2010 bikes you could get just the glass

joe
I won't put a different headlight on because the current one works fine and I will keep riding with it as it is until someone can confirm that you can buy just the cover or not......

I wait with baited breath.......

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Surely the dealer would know ? I'll try and find out for you,,,,Good that you are still on the road tho,

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surely the dealer would know ? I'll try and find out for you,,,,Good that you are still on the road tho,
No I spoke to Julie at Troopers and they were the ones that told me that you can only buy the complete assembly. I also spoke to Peter Stevens here in Melbourne and they said the same thing.

.....But on the parts list it says that there is a cover that is available with a separate part number. I am just trying to confirm it with someone.....anyone!!!

Thanks for your help, by the way.

·
Registered
112 Posts
You can't purchase the glass separately on the 2010+ headlight , the glass is bonded to the aluminum casing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts