MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2005 Brutal 750 a few months ago and have been using this site to replace/repair/maintain the bike since I got it, being as my MV dealer only services bikes that old from January to May:-( There have been a whole list of issues that I have been able to fix due to the manuals and knowledge on here. I decided to replace the plugs and air filter last week and everything went smoothly, a little too smoothly. I noticed a leak and sure enough the female connector cracked. I ordered the replacement metal connectors and cannot seem to get the broken piece out. I realize this is probably a simple fix, or I hope it is, but if anyone can help I would very much appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
A trick I use is remove the spring and bits from the fitting.Find a suitable width flat blade screwdriver.Heat the blade and push/melt it into the fitting.Wait until the blade cools and sets into the fitting.Then screw the fitting out.If that does not work,you will have to chip away at the fitting to break it up and remove the bits.Careful you don't damage the pump plate thread.:)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A trick I use is remove the spring and bits from the fitting.Find a suitable width flat blade screwdriver.Heat the blade and push/melt it into the fitting.Wait until the blade cools and sets into the fitting.Then screw the fitting out.If that does not work,you will have to chip away at the fitting to break it up and remove the bits.Careful you don't damage the pump plate thread.:)
Thank you very much for the suggestion. The screwdriver sounds like it may work:) If not it looks like I will be chipping away tonight. Thanks again.

·
Vendor
5,332 Posts
Forgot to say welcome to the forum.Any issues just yell out.Lots of helpful members here.:)

·
Administrator
19,817 Posts
Welcome to the family Demon35.....easy thing to repair. Time for metal fittings!!!! Search the forum...don't buy the cheap crap from China!!! Our sponsors (GP RACING) have better stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts