MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few pics from last weekends Honda Australia, Broadford Bike Bonanza;
(for pre 1985 bikes) the America ran beautifully on track and was voted the best sound of the weekend :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm: there were some sensational bikes, rider combos; Hugh Anderson on the Britten; the full fleet of Irving Vincents plus Drysdale V8s; Alan Cathcart also rode a number of specials:jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Pics from Broadford Bike Bonanza last weekend. Mostly Italian bikes with some 'specials' thrown in for good measure.

Drysadale V8s. A 750 and a 1000 cc. Apparently, he will make them to order for around $50,000 AUD

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
This is a 750 SS 'green frame' Ducati which was raced at Daytona. The owner bought the bike at a Bonhams auction. It arrived a couple of days before Broadford. He also has a couple of Egli bikes, one of which was built for Fritz's wife in the '60s.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Some of the Italians on the track. Bikes include a 750 Sport Ducati, 900 SS Ducati, 500 Pantah & 500 Laverda, 500 GT parallel twin Ducati & the Mike Hailwood/Jim Scaysbrook 750 SS Ducati (the bike that Mike returned to racing on prior to his famous Isle of Man win aboard a Ducati.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Finally, what was in the car park. Reminiscent of rallies past (kombi, tents and classic Italians(

Attachments

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Very nice Russ and Julian :yo: :mouthwate

Next year I must get down there, no excuses! Weather looked great as well :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Bikes worth heaps!

WOW!!

Must go one day!

thanks guys!

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, great pics and nice of you all to share. Nice posing on the MV in front of the trailer JSM :naughty:
I do my best Mr D :naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
now if we could just get you into some leathers with the cog logo:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Very nice Russ and Julian :yo: :mouthwate

Next year I must get down there, no excuses! Weather looked great as well :)
R, we are going to organise a "significant" MV presence for next year so I hope you can make it; we will also have an MV table at the Gala Dinner :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
R, we are going to organise a "significant" MV presence for next year so I hope you can make it; we will also have an MV table at the Gala Dinner :jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm::jsm:
Pencilled it in my diary already - just as I did with Bubbalicious last year straight after the event. I'll be there this year :smoking:, so I can't see why I won't be at Broadford next year, it takes less organising to get to Victoria than it does Atlanta , or does it? - lol It will be awesome to have significant presence and MV table :yo: :f4:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Julian

I had intentions of doing both days and the dinner but had a major hiccup with the track bike (water in the oil) which threw a spanner in the best laid plans as I needed the bike for Monday & Tuesday at Phillip Island. Basically, heaps of trips to Bob Brown's which is the opposite side of the world to PI and I hate driving.

Has Broadford been confirmed for 2012 as this was Hondas final year of sponsorship?

·
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Julian

I had intentions of doing both days and the dinner but had a major hiccup with the track bike (water in the oil) which threw a spanner in the best laid plans as I needed the bike for Monday & Tuesday at Phillip Island. Basically, heaps of trips to Bob Brown's which is the opposite side of the world to PI and I hate driving.

Has Broadford been confirmed for 2012 as this was Hondas final year of sponsorship?
Russ, sorry we didnt get to catch up; we spent most of Saturday setting up the dinner so couldnt make it to the track however we did manage to get there on Sunday:jsm::jsm::jsm: The America ran like a clock however the handling is still a challenge:jsm::jsm::jsm: cant wait for the "new" bike which should be a very different proposition on the track:drummer::drummer::drummer:
We have not had a debrief regards the event and Hondas position regards next year however I was talking to Stuart Strickland (he is now consulting to Honda) and he was extremely pleased with the Gala dinner outcome and the circuits activities / presentation etc so theoretically boads well for next year:jsm::jsm::jsm:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts