MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For any Britten fans who feel like a trip to New Zealand: There is a Britten tribute (20yrs since John passed) being held at the BEAR's annual Sound of Thunder meeting 21-22nd February 2015, Ruapuna Race Park near Christchurch. At this point, we are advised by the Britten family that 7 Britten's have been confirmed to attend this race meeting, plus Aero d Zero (Ducati 860) & Aero d 0ne (Denco V1000). The Britten family are waiting
for confirmation on the other 2 Britten's (3rd bike on permanent display at Te Papa). The Chrischurch BEAR's club are unsure at this point how many of these bikes will be racing, but they are not just here for display. http://bearsracing.co.nz/sound-of-thunder.html

Also heard a rumour that the Britten may feature the Barber museum in 2015. Apparently there are three or four in the US including the one at the Barber Museum.

As to whether the bikes are display only is anyones guess although there is the Mick Grant Britten which is regularly given track time at various meets around the world.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
There certainly is a Britten on display at Barber...I wish I could come to this event!

1009001402.jpg

1009001402a.jpg

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Note the MV Agustas in the background of the Britten pictures!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
I was fortunate enough, several years ago, to hear a Britten at full song on New Hampshire Motor Speedway....it was a pleasure to watch!

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
She's a bit taller now, Chris! I do wish I could attend this event. Love Brittens.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
I hear there is some superbike racing going on too :popcorn:
Hi Ade.
Let's just have a look at the regulations regarding bike specifications in the Formula 1 class:

BEARS Formula One: Purpose built race bikes and technically advanced production sport bikes. Open capacity, fuel, and tyres.

No ink wasted there.
I bet I'm not the only fella on the forum who's read those.

In fact, I think that there may just be some crazy Kiwi out there who's thinking what you're thinking.....that this is an opportunity for something very special.

Chuck, if you can make it - do it.

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
Hi Ade.
.....that this is an opportunity for something very special.

Chuck, if you can make it - do it.
Not sure I could find a place to stay.....:smoking:

·
Super Moderator
22,120 Posts
My friend, if there becomes a way.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts