MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Have been many times is always a good day and always a great turn out. Maybe taking my Benelli or may go with the misses by car depends.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Missed it last year and looking at the photos afterwards regretted it.
So was intending to go this year but my fairing is away being re-sprayed, so havn't organise anything.

Fortunately, it will be ready Thurs/Friday so probably will be available.

And the new impeller from Vesuvio arrived this morning so would be good to give it a go.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I,m going with some guys off the ducatisti forum,hope to go on the Duke if its ready in time if not on the F4,never been but looks good some clips on utube.

Steve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5DwvVBNzGo
Thanks, looks good I'm not far from Bristol and have never been !

02998s - I guess you will be the one one the red 998! There are to many dukes, you need to take the F4. Are you meeting up or going straight there ?
Deltasrus - I'ts supposed to be sunny again - you've got 2 seats on the F4 !
Layne - be good to meet up, give us a shout if your paint is dry

·
Registered
273 Posts
Its a case of missses wouldn't go on back that long (defo not on the mv either) as said thinking will be in car at the mo tho maybe her ferrari so its not all bad.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its a case of missses wouldn't go on back that long (defo not on the mv either) as said thinking will be in car at the mo tho maybe her ferrari so its not all bad.
A Benelli, an F4 and a wife with a ferrari - can it get any better!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks, looks good I'm not far from Bristol and have never been !

02998s - I guess you will be the one one the red 998! There are to many dukes, you need to take the F4. Are you meeting up or going straight there ?
Deltasrus - I'ts supposed to be sunny again - you've got 2 seats on the F4 !
Layne - be good to meet up, give us a shout if your paint is dry
May need to go on th F4 my Dukes nose cone is away at the painters and might not get it back for Saturday,can meet up if you want?where are you located?

Steve.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Merc – bike will be back together. Would you like me to stop on my way up?
May go indirect up to you, as M5 is boring.

Del – Will be good to see you again (although we must stop meeting like this)

FYI. Emailed organiser to check arrangements – see below:

Thanks for the email, it is always nice to hear from other people who would like to take part and attend the Festival.

I know the BIAMF website mentions all about registering for the festival but this is more for the car taking part due to the lack of space, we tend to leave it on the website though as it does give us a good indication of the amount of bikes that are attending (as well as enabling us to keep an eye out for special pieces of exotica, that may require some special care or a designated spot to show off).

Simply all you have to do is come and join us all (ALL MOTORBIKES) anytime after 08:30am , at Easton-In-Gordano services just off junction 19 of the M5. We will all be parked up there ready and waiting, where we will go through and indicate each Marques Rep and Ride-In leader. We will talk you through the ride-in, show you the marker you need to follow, and then tell what order we will all be going in (as the Ride-In is done by Marques, with the featured Marque leading us in).

We are aiming to then leave services at about 09:30am in order to arrive at 10am to mark the start of the festival.

I look forward to seeing you there (BRING FRIENDS!!!)

Regards
Sean Good (Goody)
Bristol Branch Rep
Ductai Owners Club GB

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Merc – bike will be back together. Would you like me to stop on my way up?
May go indirect up to you, as M5 is boring.
If your coming up the A38 then meet at mine if you like - can you remember how to get here ?

Steve, I'm a couple of junctions further down from the services - about another 15miles. I will be coming up the back roads to join at the services. It would be easier for you to meet up at the services if your coming down with your mates - up to you

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good day out, not many MV's though counted 7
You must have counted them twice!. There were more Desmos than MV's. There were 4 parked up together, 1 I saw at the services and another that rode in with us but then disappeard !

Met Layne on the way. I had the g/f on the back and couldn't be bothered with full leathers all day as I didn't have to go far. Wish I had though as Layne and a couple of his mates went off for a blast later....Mind you, looking at his tyres it was probably a good thing I didn't !

Did you take the Duke in the end ?

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes mate took the Duke,had to fly the flag for the docgb west mids mob,Why do you think it was such a poor turn out for the MV's?Have to be as popular as the apprilla's and Benelli's don't you think?

Puzzeled Steve.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks Adam, nice to go up together and was great to be a part of it.

Link to photos of the day posted already. See pics 164,165,238,239,282 & 318.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/sets/72157623924313438/?page=2

Can account for 6 MV’s – You, me, white 312, Mark Bridger’s Oro (parked next to you), the guy who we drove in with (pic 164) and the one that appeared later opposite us.

Still less than the 7 :jsm: Desmocedichi’s.

Did have a good blast home from Bridgwater, Williton, Norton Fitzwarren, Wiveliscombe, Bampton, Tiverton and Exeter. Which was nice. :naughty:

Although the number plate came off when the tyre hit it in a pothole and the Hydraulic clutch started leaking halfway back. Just got back before I couldn’t disengage it at all. :violin:

P.S. Nick didn’t see you. Did you make it?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Adam, nice to go up together and was great to be a part of it.

Link to photos of the day posted already. See pics 164,165,238,239,282 & 318.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/westonsupermarebikenight/sets/72157623924313438/?page=2

Can account for 6 MV’s – You, me, white 312, Mark Bridger’s Oro (parked next to you), the guy who we drove in with (pic 164) and the one that appeared later opposite us.

Still less than the 7 :jsm: Desmocedichi’s.

Did have a good blast home from Bridgwater, Williton, Norton Fitzwarren, Wiveliscombe, Bampton, Tiverton and Exeter. Which was nice. :naughty:

Although the number plate came off when the tyre hit it in a pothole and the Hydraulic clutch started leaking halfway back. Just got back before I couldn’t disengage it at all. :violin:

P.S. Nick didn’t see you. Did you make it?

Nice to have been on the other end of the lens for a change....even if I do need a sun tan !

Where was the clutch leaking, no fluid on the new paint I hope.

Mark Bridger was talking of an MV track day he has organised on a Saturday in August at Anglesey. That looks about as far as Cadwell from here - you ever been ?

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
89 Posts
Leaking seal in the slave cylinder. Most of the fluid stayed in the chamber in front of the piston, except two runs that have gone down the belly pan and have slightly swollen the paint. Hope it will harden to be able to T-cut it out. Although it isn’t very noticeable that low down and is hidden when lent over on the stand.

Have Anglesey on my to-do list. Was wondering if to do it as a double header with Oulton. From here its about 6 hrs and Oulton is 4:30.

A couple of friends went a few weeks ago and loved it – Vid complete with data logging:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFruHTOXesY

Have done a couple of MVOC trackdays at Cadwell that Mark organised. Unfortunately MSV are quite hot on noise and some of the classic MV’s couldn’t get through and the risk to the club if they didn’t get enough riders was too great. So Mark now block books some spaces with a TDO which is less risky.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Have Anglesey on my to-do list. Was wondering if to do it as a double header with Oulton. From here its about 6 hrs and Oulton is 4:30.

A couple of friends went a few weeks ago and loved it – Vid complete with data logging:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFruHTOXesY

Have done a couple of MVOC trackdays at Cadwell that Mark organised. Unfortunately MSV are quite hot on noise and some of the classic MV’s couldn’t get through and the risk to the club if they didn’t get enough riders was too great. So Mark now block books some spaces with a TDO which is less risky.
Why was I thinking airfield with cones ?

Looks like a half decent track. Quality video and a very smooth and accurate rider.

You say he block books with TDO which is less risky but does that mean there is still a chance open pipes are a no go or will he know in advance ?

I maybe interested, would be better if Xbikes has his ecu by then though.

How would you get up there ?

Cheers
Adam

·
Registered
89 Posts
Block books, say 20 spaces, then if it’s getting close to the event and hasn’t filled them, you can release them for general sale like the other spaces – if that makes sense. Also Anglesey doesn’t have the noise issues that others have. I think they go through the motions but aren’t too concerned.

Gav is very consistent – check the lap times (even if he is a bit slow).

Usually hire a LWB transit for £40 for a long day (got good terms with Hendy). Can get 3 bikes in and 3 blokes. Usually pre book a B&B/pub but don’t know any at Anglesey yet. Occasionally tent it dependant on who we’re going with.

Do most with the guys that own SP Motorcycles and customers that have become friends and a local forum. It’s nicer in numbers.

Although work and Phase One events have been interfering of late. There off to Portimao this weekend for 4 days.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Gav is very consistent – check the lap times (even if he is a bit slow).

Although work and Phase One events have been interfering of late. There off to Portimao this weekend for 4 days.
I would have said steady not slow, besides I have only ever done one track day myself - about 18 years ago :eek: at Cadwell on their 400's

I thought I was doing well when the instructer came past on the outside one handed having a go at me. Not using enough track and therefore too much unnessesary lean angle.

If you ever need a photographer for Phase One - let me know !

Cheers
Adam

1 - 20 of 20 Posts