MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like bridgestone has stepped up in motogp! top three bikes at the last test are on 'stones.

not sure what they've done different, but i for one sure as hell like their dot-race rubber too.

i think this will be the next set to go on the mv - i've got a set of 120/70's 180/55's in a bt-002 that i was going to put on my r6, but maybe they should go on the mv?

anyone else tried some bridgestones? what type? what did you think?

alex

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't think that Bridgestone's performance on the track would translate onto the road tyres for some time yet... but from what I understand, the road tyres aren't too hot.

Maybe Dunlop 208RR's or Pirelli Diablo Corsa's??

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chino said:
I don't think that Bridgestone's performance on the track would translate onto the road tyres for some time yet... but from what I understand, the road tyres aren't too hot.

Maybe Dunlop 208RR's or Pirelli Diablo Corsa's??
i don't see why not. but, who know's how long it takes for cost-is-not-an-issue motogp technology to filter down to cost-is-a-BIG-issue mass produced parts.

as for the performance, roadracing world did a big dot-race and high-perf street tire comparison. in the dot-race tire group (bridgestone, pirelli, dunlop, michelin) the bridgestones had the best lap times, by a pretty good margin too.

also, rrw does a good job with the testing. first off, it's blind. the keep the tire warmers on the bike right up until the last second. the rider has no idea what's on the hoops. also, they adjust the supension for the different tire diameters to get the bike back to a nominal geometry. it's a pretty good comparison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts