MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a beautiful Slater Mirage..

I am building a 1200 myself...This one sets the benchmark...Just restored by Grant in Spain and on it's way to some lucky so and so in the UK.

Pure inspiration...:mouthwate

Attachments

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I love this bike, but what's up with that color choice? Is that a historically correct color?

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love this bike, but what's up with that color choice? Is that a historically correct color?
Yes Randy, This is a 1200 Laverda Mirage and the green was a standard colour. Not all the Laverdas were Orange with silver frames,,although that is the equivalent to the MV Red and silver.

I love this green scheme..Look real good in the green of Ireland :smoking:

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
i always wanted the formula 1200 mirage
i dont know if there any still about
...funny how the mirage 1200 never got the raps that the jota got extra 15mph on the top out run it in the 1/4

Attachments

·
Registered
9,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I did it before I can do it again

That was a real bargain Joe! and an investment too...,it was a truly superb example:mouthwate. Whoever got it is one fortunate guy! (I wish it was me!!!)
Brian.

True Brian...

I already have one of these on the drawing board for build. I'm a little way off yet but ...:)

I have a frame and forks and crank case and crank and gearbox and cylinder head with cams and barrels and pistons and wheels.and sprockets and carrier .. It is going to cast about £ 7000 to build..It will take time though as parts aren't so easy to obtain these days....I won't be able to build to the standard of finish Grant did but I will be able to build a thoroughly nice Laverda.
I get immense fun collecting parts to build a bike and going out and meeting some great characters out there. Laverda world is a great bunch of guys....

Concours isn't really me as I tend to get out in the hills and living where we do there's a great chance of some precipitation en route lol. So it's probably better this bike didn't come my way. ( I'm lying trying to make myself feel better and it isn't working ! )

Here's a bit on BOK , my first ground up build...

Pic 1 = A casual glimpse of an iconic motorcycle in an old bike mag one winters evening and the acorn rooted : )..The up front hooters had a certain visual attraction ; )
I printed out an A4 copy of this and stuck it on the gfs fridge. She knew she had competition for my attention from that point on lol.

Joe

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.