868 Posts

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

Just for you Marc.....
1999-2009 1st Gen cush drive ZERO FAILURES
So the wizards changed the design.......and it fails......MV knows this
2014 the Factory race bike goes back to the early style......but keeps selling the POS 2nd Gen cush drive for 5 more years>:)

2019 after 9 years of supplying the POS somebody looks at parts sales and warranty replacements and decided they
better go back to the early style
Fucking brilliant >:)

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

Marc......
Should have said this 1st.......
Brian Gillen is Chief of R&D for engine development......
So all of the crap that's wrong are things HE SIGNED OFF ON >:)

·
Registered
14,498 Posts
?

And now we come to the clutch basket and it's rubber dampers......
Every car and truck with a manual transmission......
And every OTHER MOTORCYCLE ON THE PLANET

Uses steel coil springs for this........and they never fail, like 2nd Gen cush drive rubbers
>:)>:)

·
Registered
868 Posts
Just for you Marc.....
1999-2009 1st Gen cush drive ZERO FAILURES
So the wizards changed the design.......and it fails......MV knows this
2014 the Factory race bike goes back to the early style......but keeps selling the POS 2nd Gen cush drive for 5 more years>:)

2019 after 9 years of supplying the POS somebody looks at parts sales and warranty replacements and decided they
better go back to the early style
Fucking brilliant >:)
Got my TV converted to BDS sprocket carrier (old gen design all the way). I rode 160 kms today with the bike in sport mode. It is now smoother in Sport Mode than what it was in Touring mode with the 2010-2017 sprocket carrier. Taking into account the number of failures due to those small pieces of shit at low cost… Yes, it's fucking brilliant.

Actually, it's even worse than this. Let me complete the history as you mentioned
Cagiva Spa (in other words, MV Agusta :grin2:) owned Ducati from 1983 to 1996.
The Ducati 916 is basically a baby of CRC. If I'm not mistaken, it was the first Ducati with a mono swing arm. If you look at a picture of the 916 from the left side, you will quickly notice the sprocket carrier of the 916 designed by the CRC. It's basically the same as the MV first gen design (only the axle diameter is different): I never heard of any problems of cush drive rubbers from any of the Ducati owners I know.

The guy basically woke up a morning having an idea to do better than a design that didn't failed for the last 20 years… And riding my bike today, I'm really asking myself: WTF???? Why the hell would you fix something which basically works???

·
Registered
188 Posts
I watched the cylinder head video, that's my expertise..I thought it was informative, the "swirl-tumble" he was talking about has been flogged for over 20 years in the automotive industry, mainly for emission and fuel mileage gains it has little affect @W.O.T....good for throttle response...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts