MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These rims are off my brand new F4. I had the dealer swap them with the Marchesini wheels before the bike was picked up, so although they were mounted from the factory, they are in essence new wheels. No marks or scratches from the dismounting. The front rim already has the bearings installed. The dealer quoted me the list price on both (in USD): front wheel lists at $1,004, and the rear at $1,054 for a total of $2,058.

I'm asking $1,750.00 (US Dollars), shipping included. That's about 15% off. I really have nothing else to go by since I couldn't find pricing anywhere else.

Ciao,
John

Attachments

·
Living the Dream
2,755 Posts
If you look closely on the inside of the star you will see that those are in fact Brembo wheels on the f4 stock.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
falcopilot said:
I'm asking $1,750.00 (US Dollars), shipping included. That's about 15% off. I really have nothing else to go by since I couldn't find pricing anywhere else.
I was told on the Yahoo MV Forum that my asking price is too high, and that may well be since I have nothing to base it on. Does anyone know what the factory wheels like these ususally sell for second hand? As mentioned, I can't find any listings anywhere. I'd appreciate recommendations.

Thanks.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have seen new wheels, albeit with no bearing and in black for a 2000 750 go on ebay in the uk for £500, they were still in the boxes. Dont know if that helps

·
Registered
170 Posts
I bought wheels on ebay last year with bearings, axel, rotors for the front wheel and new pirelli slicks on both front and rear wheel. All this for 700 euro which is something like 870 USD. Maybee that was a bargin but thats what I paid.

/zeta

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
things are worth what people are willing to pay for them. you may catch the right guy at the right time who's willing to spend whatever. if you're in no rush then leave them here/yahoo groups. if not...FLEABAY!!!

and yes, imho you're asking price is about ~$700 too high...but let the people speak.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I know after selling the wheels from my track car (which I sold + my CBR600RR to buy the SPR) that I used to get approx 50% new price for them. Much higher and they just didn't move.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Troz said:
I know after selling the wheels from my track car (which I sold + my CBR600RR to buy the SPR) that I used to get approx 50% new price for them. Much higher and they just didn't move.
That's is my limit for most secondhand parts as a buyer as well. Unless you want something rare or really badly. Rims are cheap nowadays on ebay! too much offers probably

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
John,
My advice is to keep the OEM wheels in case you ever sell the bike and want to keep the nicer wheels. Almost never do people pay what aftermarket items are worth when they are installed. If you ever sell it you slap the OEM back on the bike and you have your nicer wheels for either the next bike or you can probably sell them for way more than the OEM or what someone would be willing to pay if they are left on the bike. This has been my experience, and it's worked out better this way.

On another note, I got your message and I am available this saturday morning. I'll send you a note. It would be nice to ride with other MV owners as I almost never do...

·
Registered
259 Posts
By way of one data point, I recently sold a set of brand new black factory wheels for $800. Bought them from someone for $900.

Neither of us ever used them, so they were in mint condition.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think b42day probably has the best idea yet. Since I can't get hardly 50 cents on the dollar, I might as well put them away until I sell the bike, though that may be a long time down the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts