MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm about to throw down some money on a B3 and want to put Brembo Superlights on it.

Will Superlights fit the F3? I assume they will also fit the B3 if they fit the F3, am I correct?

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
I would say it is most likely possible. I assume that the F3 / B3 have the same 25 mm (or so) front axles as the 2010+ F4 / B4. In this case You would need the Marzochi / Brembo pre 2010 axle / spacers to fit the Superlights into the F3. The Brembo / Marchesini "Superlights" have the larger bearing diameter. Everything else is dimensional the same.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Are those spacers heavy? That defeats the purpose of putting light rims on.
They all use some sort of bearing or axle spacer, should not make any difference.

Will this be a problem?
Could be a wheel clearance problem at the swing-arm, hard to say since I don't have one, I just thought I'd mention it in case you did not know.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
I do not think the brembo superlight are much lighter as the design of F3/B3 is almost the same!
If they are the same design as used on the 2012 F4 RR models then they are heavier than the original Brembo Superlights..

The wheels on the new range of MV models are not made by Brembo/Marchesini and are manufactured outside of Europe..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Just get you some carbon fiber wheels and be done! Hiting the piggy bank every week so I can save up for some.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No thanks on the carbon fiber or magnesium. Forged aluminum for me.

Thanks for all the help. Just going to have to scratch the idea of Superlights.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
If they are the same design as used on the 2012 F4 RR models then they are heavier than the original Brembo Superlights..

The wheels on the new range of MV models are not made by Brembo/Marchesini and are manufactured outside of Europe..

Just checked, F4 and F4R are caste Alu, F4RR corsacorto are forged Alu
B3/F3 are casted as well, F3 oro has also forged Alu wheels
Now just wondering how much these differ in weight

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Just checked, F4 and F4R are caste Alu, F4RR corsacorto are forged Alu
B3/F3 are casted as well, F3 oro has also forged Alu wheels
Now just wondering how much these differ in weight
I don't know the answer to that question, but I did have a set of the 2010 MV Corse wheels some time ago for sale and I was surprised how much more they weighed compared to the Brembo Superlights..

Check it out : http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39872&highlight=Corse+wheels+sale

The front wheel was the biggest difference.. I don't think MV have used a lighter wheel on their bikes since the introduction of the Brembo Superlight..

Are the original MV Oro magnesium wheels lighter than the Superlights ?

This is where Dave The Castle should come in as he is the man on MV wheel weight comparisons !

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't know the answer to that question, but I did have a set of the 2010 MV Corse wheels some time ago for sale and I was surprised how much more they weighed compared to the Brembo Superlights..

Check it out : http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39872&highlight=Corse+wheels+sale

The front wheel was the biggest difference.. I don't think MV have used a lighter wheel on their bikes since the introduction of the Brembo Superlight..

Are the original MV Oro magnesium wheels lighter than the Superlights ?

This is where Dave The Castle should come in as he is the man on MV wheel weight comparisons !

Yeah the magnesium Oros were around 15 lbs combined, while the cast aluminum are around 25. I'm thinking the new 675 "ultralights" are going to be around the 20 lb mark. Superlights in forged aluminum at that weight are ridiculously light. I feel far more comfortable on forged aluminum than carbon, although I can't say I've read anything to feel that way, and I've read a lot. I just don't trust carbon and am not a fan of it in general, call me counter culture, I don't know.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Have carbon wheels on one of the racebikes. They are tough as nails and very lite. They came out unharmed in a terrible high side I had a couple yrs ago. Bike was flipping end over end after it hucked me off. Not even a stress mark on the wheels. Forks were bent and had to be replaced. Carbon wheels are the shit. You would change your mind if you got a set.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have carbon wheels on one of the racebikes. They are tough as nails and very lite. They came out unharmed in a terrible high side I had a couple yrs ago. Bike was flipping end over end after it hucked me off. Not even a stress mark on the wheels. Forks were bent and had to be replaced. Carbon wheels are the shit. You would change your mind if you got a set.
Thanks. I'm coming around.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
found some data, it is not complete yet ( 2012):

Cerchi

Cerchi originali a stella fusi in conchiglia completi: 9.63Kg (4199+5426gr)

Cerchi a stella fusi in magnesio completi: 7.78Kg (3574+4212gr)

Brembo Superlight in Al forgiato completi: 6.230Kg (2885+3345gr)

Cerchi a stella MY 2010 completi: 8.860Kg (3.960kg+4.900kg )

Cerchi forgiati in alluminio nuovi modelli 2010 : 7.148Kg (3.460Kg+3688kg)

BST in carbonio 5 razze completi di cuscinetti e valvole: 5.797Kg (2686+3111gr )

Dymag 5 razze completi di cuscinetti e valvole: 5.195Kg (2465+2730gr)

Marchesini Legend in Mg forgiato completi: 5.93Kg (2635+3298gr)

Marchesini Legend in Al forgiato completi: 8.46Kg (3736+4727)

PVM 10Y in Al forgiato completi: 8.2Kg (3685+4520gr)

Da precisare in questo caso che il PVM anteriore ha le flange scomponibili fatte per l'endurance che solamente quelle pesano 536gr poi ci sono le viti (in questo caso M8X16 TCC in titanio) per fissarle al corpo del cerchio vero e proprio che nudo e crudo pesa solamente 2815gr. , quindi il quasi chilo aggiuntivo (122gr. del distanziale, 152gr. dei due cuscinetti 61907, 536gr. le due flange, 55gr. le 10 viti M8X16 TCE in titanio ) che è posto centralmente influisce in modo del tutto trascurabile sull'effetto giroscopico (ma ovviamente non sulla dinamica della sospensione ..... )

1 - 20 of 21 Posts