MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, does anyone know if a brembo rear brake caliper off of any single sided swing armed ducati would be a direct fit to our F4's? if anyone here has a duc and a f4 would you mind measuring the bolt spacing center to center on both calipers to see if they are the same? because i can get a brembo caliper off of a duc from ebay for about $50, not a bad upgrade if u ask me, for the price.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
there's a rear brake on the F4?!! haha.

for $50, maybe you can just get it and then pull the one of the F4 and compare 'em. if it's not a fit, you can probably resell it for $50.

just an idea.

alex

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nahh, dont want to wast the money if its not going to fit. but would be pretty nice if a member here had a sssa duc and they could measure the bolts. im sure other members would upgrade too.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Well, I would like to improve the rear brake too. I think the stock one is useless.

Anyone knows if does exist a brembo rear caliper? And were can I buy it?

·
Registered
785 Posts
The BREMBO rear caliper will not fit to the exisiting mounts, Moto Corse developed a few one of kits in the past however as they were produced in a very small quantity the price was about 4000 USD for the kit.

·
Registered
276 Posts
eMoto UK said:
The BREMBO rear caliper will not fit to the exisiting mounts, Moto Corse developed a few one of kits in the past however as they were produced in a very small quantity the price was about 4000 USD for the kit.
Ok thanks.

I will try to accustom myself to the stock behaviour. It´s cheaper. :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
the rear brembo caliper on my 998 (and all 916-996) are pices of crap anyways....plus they are hard too bleed....you have to tkae it off the mount, turn it right side up above the master to do it properly.....I dont even bother anymore, unless there is a track day tech inspection coming up.....it is basicaly for looks.
So now I dont even look for the rear on the f4...one less thing to worry about.

·
Registered
66 Posts
eMoto UK said:
One off motocorse mount with brembo race caliper on my f4

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
mv2envy said:
4000? omfg, dude, ill go buy a cnc machine, and machine myseld like 10 brackets for that price.
I have an invoice from ducati coventry for a motocorse brembo rear caliper mount for £137.00 and brembo rear 4 piston race caliper £467.78 both fitted to my bike, not to :jsm: at that price.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ste a said:
I have an invoice from ducati coventry for a motocorse brembo rear caliper mount for £137.00 and brembo rear 4 piston race caliper £467.78 both fitted to my bike, not to :jsm: at that price.

Thats the price for the Ducati mount, are you sure it fits the MV?

Let us know and we will try one for size!

·
Registered
66 Posts
eMoto UK said:
Thats the price for the Ducati mount, are you sure it fits the MV?

Let us know and we will try one for size!
Like a glove geoff looks superb no issues with fitting got it all bolted up today what a differance, the caliper and mount are half the size and weight of the stock items, i bought this as a jot lot of trick parts inc brembo mono blocks clutch and brake cylinders forks etc, the guy was told by duc coventry it was a one off motocorse rear mount so thats what i was told, he had done 900 miles on his brut with no probs, i will send some pics soon shes looking good now.

·
Registered
785 Posts
ste a said:
Like a glove geoff looks superb no issues with fitting got it all bolted up today what a differance, the caliper and mount are half the size and weight of the stock items, i bought this as a jot lot of trick parts inc brembo mono blocks clutch and brake cylinders forks etc, the guy was told by duc coventry it was a one off motocorse rear mount so thats what i was told, he had done 900 miles on his brut with no probs, i will send some pics soon shes looking good now.
Sounds good, we have a kit here, we will try it next week if we get a spare moment! Thanks, enjoy.

·
Registered
114 Posts
ste,

The real question is, how much better is the brake function compared to the OEM Nissan? From a functional point of view, is the change over worth it?????
Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
ezepilot said:
ste,

The real question is, how much better is the brake function compared to the OEM Nissan? From a functional point of view, is the change over worth it?????
Thanks
Watch this space weather is awful rair thunder :lightning hopeing to try it out at the weekend i will post and let you know, there is deff more brake power i noticed when touqueing the rear nuts so looking good.

·
Ball & Chain magnet
3,027 Posts
the stock rotors are retained ?? correct? I may look into this as soon as I hear back from emoto as to the fit on the bracket....please inform us when you do the swap Emoto!!! :stickpoke

·
Registered
66 Posts
Djester said:
the stock rotors are retained ?? correct? I may look into this as soon as I hear back from emoto as to the fit on the bracket....please inform us when you do the swap Emoto!!! :stickpoke
Stock rotors on mine but i was told my mount was motocorse for the mv not the duc lets see if emotos theory is correct.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts