MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to change the front brake lever feel. my first efforts will focus on replacing the brake fluid with some high quality DOT4 stuff (maybe castrol SRF) and bleeding the brakes as well as i can. awiner (adam) indicated that this had a very positive effect on his mv with the stock hardware.

but if that doesn't do it for me, my next thought is to replace the master cylinder with a brembo radial unit. several here have suggested the 19x20, but i'm leaning more toward the 19x18. the 20 will give the stiffest lever, but the 18 has more feel.

here are my questions:
1. does anyone know the piston diameter for the stock master cylinder?
2. when replacing the master cylinder with the brembo unit, i take it you also need a new reservoir?
3. with the brembo reservoir, are there now clearance issues with the fairings?

thanks for any info on this.

alex

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm led to believe the only issue is the switch block needs to move sideways and 3mm (1/8") to accomodate the M/C.

there are pics of the fitted setup on the motocorse site, as they fit to some of their models.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that info about motocorse.

they mounted the brake and clutch reservoirs to the triple clamp (somehow). the caps are at about the top triple height. with that setup, there won't be any clearance issues.

but i wonder about air in the brake lines?
if the reservoir is ABOVE the master cylinder, won't air want to collect there (highest point) rather than go into the reservoir?

alex

·
Registered
459 Posts
[QUOTE
but i wonder about air in the brake lines?
if the reservoir is ABOVE the master cylinder, won't air want to collect there (highest point) rather than go into the reservoir?

alex[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit confused here .

You do get a bleed nipple on the master cylinder so no problem anyway. :smoking:
On fitting if I remember you need to break the pin on the cluster and the brake light switch is a fiddle to fit ,but its worth it.

Having said that I had no issue with the brakes as standard, I thought they were amazing regards feel . Then I picked up a set of PFM superbike discs and calipers with lines and brembo 19 x20 m/c. Its in another world in terms of feel .

They came so cheap with a set of wheels I had to buy them. Forget the radial bottoms fashion parade ,just bolt a set of PFM's on there and be amazed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts