MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I WONDERED IF THERE IS ANY SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NEW 910R BREMBO FORGE WHEELS AND MARCHESINI SILVER FORGE FIVE SPOKE WHEELS. I SUSPECT THERE'S NOT MUCH DIFFERENCE, BUT IF ANYONE HAS ANY KNOWLEDGE OR OPINION IF IN FACT THERE IS A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE IN WEIGHT, STRENGTH, AND WITH LOW GYROSCOPIC INERTIA. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS.

I'M PERSONALLY PARTIAL TO THE FORGE SILVER FIVE SPOKE MARCHESINI WHEELS. :grin:
I FEEL THE 910R OFFFERS THE BEST IN WHAT I WOULD LOOK FOR IN PERFORMANCE AND HANDLING. EVERY LITTLE DIFFERENCE HELPS. YET, I PREFER THE COSMETIC LOOK OF THE GLADIO. WHICH MAKES ME WONDER WHY MV DIDN'T JUST SIMPLY ADD THE 910R COMPONENTS TO THE GLADIO. ALSO, HOW DOES THE 910R PERFORMANCE EXHAUST PIPE DEFER FROM THE ONE OFFERED FOR THE GLADIO. ONE OTHER THING, I TAKE IT THERE'S NO EXUP ON THE FULL PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM.

IN THE NEAR FUTURE, I WOULD LOVE TO READ IN THIS FORUM A COMPARRISON ROAD TEST BETWEEN THE STANDARD 910, A GLADIO W/ FIVE SPOKE MARCHESINI WHEELS / PERFORMANCE PIPE; AND WITH A 910R. :naughty:

PS: AND NO, MY CAPS LOCK IS NOT STUCK. I WRITE LIKE I SPEAK AND RIDE, VERY LOUDLY... :flickoff: LOL

·
Registered
571 Posts
The new Brembos on the R are supposed to be lighter.... I haven't heard if they're to be stronger.

The spokes on the Brembos are extremely thin and look shorter because of the raised lip on the outside of wheel where spoke connects.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wow,

Am I reading that right???

MARCHESINI 10 spoke:
forged aluminum:
front - 8.82 lbs
rear - 9.98 lbs
Total= 18.8 lbs in aluminum

forged magnesium:
front - 6.54 lbs
rear - 7.76 lbs
Total= 14.3 lbs in magnesium

BREMBO SUPERLIGHT 10 spoke:
forged aluminum:
front - 6.47 lbs
rear - 7.17 lbs
Total= 13.64 in aluminum

I didn't realize that they were that much lighter... aluminum lighter than the magnesium, wow!!!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
THANK YOU, GLADIO AND JAMES C. FOR YOUR RESPONCES. IT'S ALWAY GREAT TO HEAR FROM RIDERS WHO KNOW THEIR STUFF OR WHERE TO OBTAIN THE ANSWERS TO ANY QUESTIONS.

TO GLADIO: I LOVE THAT BIKE OF YOURS. :guitarist

PS: TO THE REST OF YOU MEMBERS WHO RESPONDED; I NEVER KNEW THAT MY CAPS LOCK WOULD BE A MAJOR TOPIC. :rolleyes: THOUGH ODD, I DID FIND IT VERY ENTERTAINING. SO THANKS FOR THE LAUGH. :toothless

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
I agree with James; no doubt MV has tested the wheels before spec'ing them on such a high profile machine, although personally I think the marchesinis look a little more 'refined', but you can't argue with weight savings.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

if You are interested in this topic, on the Italian MV Agusta Forum there was a VERY long thread about this "weight issue": everybody was reporting different info and data and sources.

At the end, the CEO of MV Corse Andrea Tamburini entered into the thread to give the official weights of the different models (a precision balance was used in MV Corse):

Front wheel alluminium (Standard "Star design" wheel) Kg. 4.199
Rear wheel alluminium (Standard "Star design" wheel) Kg. 5.426

Front wheel alluminium forged (Marchesini: Gladio, Mamba, etc) Kg. 3.736
Rear wheel alluminium forged (Marchesini: Gladio, Mamba, etc) Kg. 4.727

Front wheel alluminium forged (Brembo superlight: 910R,Starfighter) Kg. 2.938
Rear wheel alluminium forged (Brembo superlight: 910R,Starfighter) Kg. 3.253

Front wheel magnesium forged (Marchesini: Serie Oro) Kg. 2.635
Rear wheel magnesium forged (Marchesini: Serie Oro) Kg. 3.298

Sorry if the reported data are in Kilograms but...

Ciao
Star

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
fazer6 said:
I agree with James; no doubt MV has tested the wheels before spec'ing them on such a high profile machine, although personally I think the marchesinis look a little more 'refined', but you can't argue with weight savings.
Agree too...and yeah, the MARCHESINI 10 spokes still look classier than the 10 spoke Brembos IMO...

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
DOES ANYBODY KNOW HOW TO GET CAPS LOCK OFF, I SEEM TO HAVE GOT MINE STUCK!!! :laughing: :laughing: :naughty: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
starfighter said:
Hi,
At the end, the CEO of MV Corse Andrea Tamburini entered into the thread to give the official weights of the different models (a precision balance was used in MV Corse):
Thank you Starfighter. The data in the FAQ for the brembo wheels was taken from Andrea's post on MC a few months ago, you will find me in that thread as well :)

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/09/wheel-fitments-and-weights-for-oem-and.html

I haven't had much time to spend on Motociclando in the last month though I did see your 10 page thread introduction :laughing: The change to the motocorse rearsets recently is a very nice one!

What is the current opinion on the strength of these wheels? The last time I heard the 'jury was still out' on how durable they were going to be on the street. I think we would all benefit from this information. I myself am personally curious as well.

Thanks!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts