MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
beautiful!
stoooopid question, but anyways, here goes.............
will a full Ti exhaust line even come remotely close to passing an emissions inspection?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
oooo.... nice. very cool.

·
Registered
229 Posts
beautiful!
stoooopid question, but anyways, here goes.............
will a full Ti exhaust line even come remotely close to passing an emissions inspection?
I'm not too familiar with Euro 3 emmisions but I assume the first thing they will look for is the catalytic convertor and the post cat 02 sensor which would both be removed by the full exhaust.

You could run the ti header and cans, with the stock catalytic convertor in place and have a bung welded for the O2 sensor. This should be emmisions compliant and wouldn't take long to change back to the ti-midpipe.

How often do you have to go to emmisions testing in your country? In the USA we never have to do emissions testing on motorcycles after they've been sold/registered AFAIK.

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
in japan it is every 2 years. Putting the cat back in is needed. Not 100% what else is required.... never done it myself. :)

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I'm not too familiar with Euro 3 emmisions but I assume the first thing they will look for is the catalytic convertor and the post cat 02 sensor which would both be removed by the full exhaust.

You could run the ti header and cans, with the stock catalytic convertor in place and have a bung welded for the O2 sensor. This should be emmisions compliant and wouldn't take long to change back to the ti-midpipe.

How often do you have to go to emmisions testing in your country? In the USA we never have to do emissions testing on motorcycles after they've been sold/registered AFAIK.
You can't run the stock midpipe with those Ti headers.

Ask Odonata how I know.

CAG

·
Registered
322 Posts
I installed the same MV Corse Ti system a couple weeks ago, but it's been so damn cold here, not to mention a foot of snow, that I've only fired it up a couple of times. It sounds sweeeet, and I can't wait for the changing of the colors.

It's an impressive system, exquisite craftsmanship, the weld quality is amazing...you supposedly get what you pay for, and I hope I did...I'm extremely pleased so far.

·
Registered
229 Posts
You can't run the stock midpipe with those Ti headers.

Ask Odonata how I know.

CAG
Thanks for clarifying, I wasn't 100% sure if they line up but from looking at the pics thought they might. So once every 2 years you'll need to go back to stock header-midpipe-cans setup for the emmissions tests.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts