MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my first MV! 2012 F4R It was delivered today. Super geeked for the snow to melt. My question for you guys who bought brand new F4s - did your odometer indicate 0 miles or 0 kilometers? I bought my bike sight unseen from out of state and the owner of the dealership assured me both on the phone and in email that the bike has never been started yet the odometer shows 6 miles and there's gas in the gas tank. Some may think this is not a big deal at all but this is the first vehicle (car or otherwise) that I've bought brand new. I believe I was lied to and was looking forward to taking pics of the odometer indicating 0 miles, putting gas in it for the first time, breaking it in exactly the way I want from zero and just knowing it's never been fired aside from at the factory. Is it possible these 6 miles are the dyno run at the factory and the gas the same? Gas from probably 3-4 years ago?!?

Thanks all!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,821 Posts
The bike would not have been shipped with fuel in the tank. The mileage is from the factory run and dealer set up. No big deal. You will never get a brand new vehicle with zero miles on the odometer even if you pick it up at the factory.

Ed will chime in soon and correct me if I am wrong, but I have never bought a zero mileage vehicle...and I've bought many new vehicles.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The certificate of origin document from the dealership indicates 1 mile. The Odometer disclosure statement also indicates 1 mile. Don't know what to think here.

·
Super Moderator
22,821 Posts
Ask the dealer. Someone rode it 5 more miles.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had 17 km on the odo when I took the new bike out of the crate shipped straight from the factory. I have also been to most of the european motorcycle factories and all of them test the bikes before the release - this is normal

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Unless you take delivery of the crate and release the dealer of their duty in assembling and PDI-ing the bike, they are obligated to ensure the vehicle is safe. That includes test riding it to make sure everything's sound and nothing falls off. The dealer has both your and their best interests covered in doing this. Don't sweat it. You got some free gas.

Si

·
Registered
938 Posts
Damn nice looking bike! As already stated there's almost no such thing as a zero miles new vehicle. The motor had already been run to redline before it left the factory and the dealer has to give it the "once over".
I understand your wanting it all to yourself and you've gotten about as close to that as any of us ever will.

You've got an awesome F***ing bike! Enjoy! :f4:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please Help!

So this story now gets worse with my interaction with this dealership. When we agreed on the terms of this deal both on the phone and via email (I also have an agreement) the owner of the dealership agreed to provide front and rear Pit Bull stands in the deal. They are now saying they will not provide me with the front stand. I did receive the rear in the box with the bike. I also confronted them on a couple items that are damaged as a result of the packaging - I'm not sure how new bikes from the factory are packaged but mine came with both mirror and windscreen on. Both mirrors have damage from hitting the inside of the shipping container and they're telling me they won't do anything about this because the outside of the container didn't have damage. The bike also has a scratch on the trellis frame directly under the steering dampener which I don't believe is from shipping rather I believe it was there before it shipped and was not disclosed to me. The bike also did not come with a tool kit and he's telling me the new MVs don't come with one yet my manual indicates I should have received one.

Their own paperwork indicates the bike had 1 mile but it actually had 6. According to the owner of the dealership the bike was void of scratches or any damage yet it has damage both from the shipping and prior to shipping - in my opinion. They're not going to provide me the front stand they said they would. They're not upholding their end of the bargain at all at this point.

Any advice here would be very helpful. Should I look at small claims court? Contact MV directly? I know MV cannot help me with the Pit Bull stands but shouldn't they know how their dealerships are treating customers? Does MV have an email address? Or what's the best way to contact them for something like this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
661 Posts
Sorry to hear you did not get the experience which you negotiated and the dealer agreed to deliver. Let them know you will blast on social media along with posting your written agreement. As far as damages, post those pics too. Let them know before you do it and see what they say. If they still will not do anything about it, then its your choice to small claims or social media, or both. If you can live with the damages that sound quite minimal and should require some touch up, can go about it yourself and move on.

The bike will show wear in no time anyways, but if you plan to let it sit to stare at then you should chase the cosmetic damages. BTW your lower air duct on the fairing is popped out in your pic. You will need to reset it, hopefully the tab is intact behind it. no bike is perfect and that is why I spend time prior to riding to sort all the little stuff out.

I have a little tiny chip underneath the belly pan and I touched it up with clear for now. It cannot be seen but I scour every millimeter of the bike. I installed a COX radiator guard because I plan on letting her go out and play once in a while. I will get touch up paint to prepare for those minor stone chips which are inevitable or else put some detailer paint protect film on the frontal areas. I asked for the highest quality delivery and prep but I did not expect them to achieve 100% perfection, its simply not possible unless dealer put a swarm of people on it, from a paint detailing expert for touching up shipping scratches to a tech to align and tighten everything. That sort of service would require a lot more on the initial spend, IMO. This bike have perfection far exceeding the Duc in terms of design cosmetic refinement, but the physical execution is only slightly above Ducati in my observation. The paint is more beautifully applied. The handworked nature of the MV is clearly evident, whereas the Duc 1199 appears to be more mass produced. What I mean by that is that the Duc has more paint imperfections, thinner in some areas sprayed. The defects on the Duc look like the kind that you will find on 100 units the same exact way, whereas, the imperfections on the MV look like one offs and where no two of the same model will be alike, hard to explain. The MV has a soul, no doubt.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think small claims is out because they're in a different state unless I drive or find out how to file out of state.

The damage is minor but it's still damage and I want it repaired.

Are you able to provide some additional info on the fairing? Where it's located etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
lunch break almost over. One more thing, The F4 comes with Toolkit, owners kit, spark plug wrench and document folder. They shafted you on those items. The toolkit retails well over $150. They forgot to give me the plug socket and doc folder. I am retrieving those.

·
Registered
661 Posts
The bottom edge of the cutout air duct on that fairing is fitted flush with the underpan, in your pic it is popped out. hope this helps gotta get back to work :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts