MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my 910R on 3/10/07, absolutely love it, though I have a few questions. Seems the chain has a bit of slack, and I'm not exactly sure how much slack there should be? Also, I have read a couple of posts concerning height versus the bike size. Initially I was having problems with my knee hitting the fuel tank and difficulty with the rear set and shifter (way too tight and small) and constantly having to adjust and search for the shifter. I'm 6' 2" 230 lbs. and wear a size 13 shoe. I have adjusted and articulated the rear set to its widest opening and rotated the shifter peg all the way up, but still having to adjust to find the peg. Although it has alleviated the problem of my knee from hitting the fuel tank. Anyhow , hope to solve this problem with an aftermarket rear set. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what rear set have you installed? Any comments would be appreciated.

With all that said I won't have any other bike, it is just awesome. If I have to, I will have something fabricated.

·
Registered
443 Posts
optimumview said:
I just received my 910R on 3/10/07, absolutely love it, though I have a few questions. Seems the chain has a bit of slack, and I'm not exactly sure how much slack there should be? .....
My owner's manual for the S it's 9MM from the bottom of the chain guard to the center pins of the chain but I'm not sure it's the same for the R.

Tom

·
Registered
503 Posts
Same for the "R".

·
Registered
443 Posts
optimumview said:
Yes it is the same, but the manual doesn't explain how to adjust. Any clue?
Quite simple:

1. With bike on stand loosen the 2 allen screws at the back of the rear wheel hub.

2. Use the spanner that came with your tool kit (no it isn't for the shock preload) to adjust the eccentric nut (look between the sprocket and the hub) to adjust chain; rotate wheel to check slack at tightest point.

3. Carefully retorque the allen screws to 28-32 NM - too tight can damage the hub.

Tom

·
Registered
443 Posts
optimumview said:
thanks Tom,

That was it. Should I use any loctite (blue) on the allen screws?
I didn't - I figure something that I adjust somewhat regularly can do without loctite.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts