MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up at the dealer and rode it home. Just have a few questions....I have been told by another MV owner that the bike should have come with a rear stand and a cover. And I only got one key. What have been your experiences??

Mark

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Welcome and Congrats!

But go back to your dealer and get your rear stand and other key. Only some come with covers, most don't.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Here's the reply I received from MV USA. You're not going to like it. Especially when all of these items were included in the sale; 2009 and prior.

--------------------------------------

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that MV Agusta model year 2010 units do not come with the battery charger, stand, or cover included.

For additional information regarding our products, and to locate your nearest dealer, please visit us online at www.mvagustausa.com.

Thank you for your support of the MV Agusta brand.

Kind regards,
Gina

Gina Christian
[email protected]

MV AGUSTA USA LLC – North American Distributor for MV Agusta & Cagiva Motorcycles
2300 Maryland Road, Willow Grove, Pennsylvania 19090-1709 USA
Office Phone +1.215.830.3300 x 105 - Office Fax +1.215.830.3301
www.mvagustausa.com

·
Registered
879 Posts
In short, I feel like they're sticking it to you. I'd recommend trying to get them included, even though you already picked up the bike. In the past (2009 and prior), there were some forum members who didn't get a stand or cover. The dealer tried to sell it to them. However, this was quickly remedied when the MV factory stated they were included with the bike since it all came in the crate. Not sure why they've done a 180 degree turn around on this. Would be kind of interesting to see what they're asking for these accessories now.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Ok, I knew about the 2010's not coming with a stand, cover and battery charger, but 1 key? seriously?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Materials supplied with 1090RR Brutale

Mark: the bike should have been delivered with a 10 inch square black monogramed presentation package, approximately 2 inches thick, with laser cut foam pockets for the contents.

Contents in the presentation package are a MV Logo second key, pocket sized maintenance manual, pocket sized operators quick manual, an MV Agusta logo "thumb drive" USB 4 gig memory stick with PDFs for spares and manuals in 5 languages, and info on the codes for security system. This is a nicely detailed and elegant piece that should have come with the machine. This is real coffee table stuff!

My dealer, Steve Spreter, Renaissance Motors, Tucson, AZ personally delivered the bike to me in Mesilla, NM, a 4 hour drive. He handed me the presentation package, went over the entire bike, and made sure I had no questions about the machine. This is a great machine, and the Tucson dealer understands customer service.

I'm not aware of an existing MV USA policy with a bike cover or a maintenance stand, but you should have received the presentation package.

Without the spare key and the instructions on the security system, if this bike fails to recognize the chip, built into the key, "your sole key", you are toast. Period. No short cuts will suffice to start this bike. The immobilizer system is bullet proof and can not be defeated without the chip and the code.

Sorry to hear of your plight,
Dick

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mark Congrats on the purchase. I hope you can get at least the spare key and the presentation package sorted out with the dealer. What color did you get ? would like to see some pics and hope you enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I picked up my 2010 F4 I was also advised that the bike did not come with a stand like previous models. Mine also did not come with a cover. But I did get a spare key included with the above mentioned presentation package. I guess the stand as well as other small things here and there is how they were able to drop the price of the bike this year. Oh well, I love the bike none the less.

·
Administrator
20,388 Posts
Since many people do not like the old factory stand, maybe this is a good thing as you can just buy a PitBull???

But definitely should have gotten the spare key, manuals and such.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 2010 1090 came with the package. It included the spare key. I would go back and get it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That was my next question, What mods are being done and what aftermarket parts?? ECU upgrade vs PC 5 with self tuner????

·
Registered
210 Posts
That was my next question, What mods are being done and what aftermarket parts?? ECU upgrade vs PC 5 with self tuner????
If you can stretch to it go for the corse sport pipe and ecu, its awesome.
If you did not get your presentation carbon look case with spare key I suggest you get straight back onto the dealer as this will certainly affect future value. I got lucky and got a free bike cover with mine but the dealer said that was only because they had some left over.
Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
My 09 1078RR came with rear stand, spare key, cover....and little kit with manual and cd rom, MV leather pouch. rego pouch....
Go back to the dealer and clarify as i believe you should have received those things too.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts