MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some discussion recently on the F4's brake effectivness, anyway for all its worth, I found an article that compared braking from 70mph to zero and measured the distance that a range of bikes took to stop.

The bikes involved - Honda Fireblade, Kawasaki ZX-10r, MV F4 1000s, Suzuki GSX - R1000 K5 and the Yamaha R1.

The results were that all the bikes stopped within 48-51 metres, which is about 1G of braking force, for interest the MV was in the middle of the group at about 49,2 meters.

This test really illustrates that on road bikes it really doesn't matter whether you have radial calipers, radial master cylinders, 6-pots, 4-pots, wavy discs or just plain round ones, a good braking set-up is just that - no matter what they are made up from.

By the way, the same article has the MV totally out gunning the others in the top gear roll-on test from 40mph!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know copyright may be a prob but any chance of posting the article? If i'm right everyone else in that group has radial mounted, and the kwaka has wavy rotors, anyone have brembo radials? Because i don't think it'll be too long before they filter down to the std F4.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No Brembos in the group, all use Tokico, and all are 4 pot radials except the MV.
Yamaha also use Nissin 4 pot (I think they own the company)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts