MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped my Veloce on some gravel at 5 - 10 kph and broke off the front brake fluid reservoir. For a short term fix, I sealed the opening but still only had about 2/3 braking in the front. After about 900 km the bike suddenly refused to start - the ECU wouldn't open the injectors and the engine made an unusual sound. If it did start - a 1 in 5 chance - it seemed to run OK, just trouble starting. One mechanic told me that the starter bearing had failed so the ECU| wouldn't let it start, another that the ECU senses the poor brakes and prevents starting. Is either correct? I would think that it should start and then shut down when put into gear for either? Is the fall even related to the non start? (3000 km odometer).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, the bit about sensing the brakes sounds like nonsense. Your problem may or may not be related to your tumble, sounds like you need to visit an experienced MV technician.
I dropped my bike while almost stationary at a junction. The right hand side handguard was twisted up slightly and the indicator cracked. What wasn't obvious at the time was that the wires to the throttle twist grip had been pinched when the handguard hit the floor, and the throttle stopped working a few weeks later.
Maybe something similar happened to yours?

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Its probably the sprag clutch, not related to the fall.

The fact you continue to ride a bike with dodgy front brakes is sheer madness though.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Short term fix for 900km with 2/3 brake function:wtf::wtf::wtf:
I am seriously lost for words.......
Good luck brother, you'll need it.......

·
Registered
258 Posts
I'm with Midget81 on this. Good job it doesn't start it may just save your life. These bikes aren't slow. You need good brakes.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
I'm with Midget81 on this. Good job it doesn't start it may just save your life. These bikes aren't slow. You need good brakes.

We need good brakes on a bicycle too !

Maybe there is a tilt sensor on your bike. have a read in the owners manual..

I'm assuming 900km is a typo ?

Joe

·
Super Moderator
22,622 Posts
No

1 - 8 of 8 Posts