MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The discs on my 1090 were beginning to annoy me in that during low speed braking they were 'grabbing' on/off, they weren't warped as such but had uneven wear, rather than £450 on new discs decided to to have them reground as they were well within the service limit, very pleased with the work this company has done, good price, professional and good communication. They now look like new.

http://www.blackshadow-uk.co.uk/Discregrind.html

·
Administrator
19,858 Posts
Sometimes you can also remove "hot spots" on brake rotors with aggressive red 3M Scotch Brite pads and brake clean. It's caused more by deposits on the rotor from the brake pads than wear.

So, what pads are you using with those shiny newly surfaced rotors??

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sometimes you can also remove "hot spots" on brake rotors with aggressive red 3M Scotch Brite pads and brake clean. It's caused more by deposits on the rotor from the brake pads than wear.

So, what pads are you using with those shiny newly surfaced rotors??
I tried the Scotch Brite solution but it didn't work, the low (not high) spot was only around 15 microns but seems its enough to cause the uneven braking, have gone for SBS street pads, never used them before, lets see if the combination works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts