MV Agusta Forum banner

With <=17000 miles on the clock, have you ever had to replace one brake disc?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 90.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

Just been having a warranty battle with MV Agusta:

Basically, there is a considerable amount of lateral and radial play with my LHS brake disc. The disc itself is securely fastened to the wheel, but it's apparent that the 'floater' have given way in one shape or form. I should also mention that I have recently made a claim to get the bearings replaced on the front wheel as the LHS ones were shot! MV were happy to honour this claim.

Anyway, my dealer was told that they would not honour this claim, despite us appealing that the broken bearing caused unnecessary strain, due to the disc moving about and hitting the pads with a 'twisting effect'

I have personally written to MV and am awaiting a response.

Was hoping I could get some mass community facts behind this. Have any of you, with an MV, ever, at 17000 miles or less, had to replace one brake disc due to lateral/radial play because of wear and tear? Yes or No

I'm just curious.

I have never started a poll before so please bear with me (I ticked the box, but cant see a preview)

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
Yeh, thought it was weird they said it was wear and tear. Was just curious if it was a common occurence
Were they referring to the bearing failure or the disc movement? I don't know your riding style or if you do track days but I guess if there was some hard riding on a regular basis maybe the disc could develop some movement. Same for the bearing, if not properly serviced they could fail. Seems like they would do something from a customer relationship standpoint to help. If nothing else provide the parts and you pay the labor.

·
Super Moderator
22,851 Posts
4 MVs here also...no disc or bearing failures.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Were they referring to the bearing failure or the disc movement? I don't know your riding style or if you do track days but I guess if there was some hard riding on a regular basis maybe the disc could develop some movement. Same for the bearing, if not properly serviced they could fail. Seems like they would do something from a customer relationship standpoint to help. If nothing else provide the parts and you pay the labor.
They honored the bearing failure. A short while after I noticed the disc, my dealer agreed that the bearing failure would have been root cause for disc failure. MV disagrees.

I commute on the bike almost every weekday. No track time, I haven't even done a wheelie! (Surprise lol)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
No track time, I haven't even done a wheelie! (Surprise lol)
Well, I'd say that's your problem right there>:):laugh:0:)

I had a disc fail, famously at just over 200kph.
It was my fault as I used it past the limit of wear, and then contacted Brembo who replaced both.
For a manufacturer to accept responsibility for a material failure ( which they do not manufacture) at such high mileage would be unusual in my mind. But you never know.

·
Registered
661 Posts
my discs warped at 7K miles. upgraded to better Brembos with sintered pads. They work great now, better than new!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts