MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just got me CRG mirrors for Christmas and the brake and clutch lever clamps. I was wondering how hard the pins were to puch out on the back side of the clamps. Do you have to take the clutch and brake levers completely off? For those that have already done this advise would be appreciated.

·
Registered
522 Posts
No you dont have to take them off.The pins are very easy to get out there are E clips you have to take off and slide the pin out.

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Merry Christmas. Your wife must love you!! ;)

Easy job, but those e-clips are very tiny and easy to lose. Very carefully push the e-clips off the end of the pin using a small screwdriver tip and with a magnet there to hold or catch them. With the clamp bolt out the pin will slide right out. Reinstall the e-clips after you install the new clamps and bolt them tight. Gently push the little e-clip on from the end and move into position in the groove with the small screwdriver tip.

Can't tell you how many minutes I spent crawling around on the floor looking for the first one of those clips I popped off, or the relief I felt upon finding it. That was the hardest part of the job.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I noticed that the original bolts that go through the clamp are too long now. Should I just cut them down. They are rubbing on the clutch at throttle controls.

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
I went to my local Ace Hardware store and bought shorter stainless replacement bolts. Very inexpensive... less than $2.00. If you use the originals they will eventually wear into your switch wiring looms....not good. You could cut them down, but the local hardware store can fix you up and you retain the originals in the chance you want to switch back.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again. I cut them down at work and now they clear. You were right about those little clips on the pins. I could barely even seee them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts