MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought some of this might be of interest since I don't think it was previously discussed? I had missed it until now.

http://www.moto-one.com.au/performance/brutale910rbase.html

Great to see the overlays with the other models! I'm sure some here would have been curious to see the results with the EU/USA supplied 910R end cans as well.

Thanks Brad. We appreciate your time in conveying your thoughts.

..I was on the site trying to glean some info on differences between the 5.9 and 5SM when I stumbled across this :)

EDIT: Oh, John had a thread on the airbox inserts here:

http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2963&highlight=snorkels
then
http://mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3222&highlight=snorkels

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Hmmm. Very interesting. Is this a tacit recommendation for a PC-III?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Hmm, I wonder if the chips are different on the Aussie bikes. The low down tq on that 910 looks terrible. I have overlayed 910 and 750 brutes and the 750 never comes close to the 910 in any spot.

The headers look like they give a bump down low and a better bump in HP in the mid-upper rev range.

Now that I have a BMC race filter fitted, I'll do some more work with the snorkels out of the airbox and do some comparisons.

I think these 910 engines have a bunch of HP hidden in them somewhere, but do we really want more than 120-130 RWHP?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I'm no expert but I thought the best A/F ratio was about 13. If that's true the graphs look really rich. True or False?

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
airfuel said:
Hmm, I wonder if the chips are different on the Aussie bikes. The low down tq on that 910 looks terrible. I have overlayed 910 and 750 brutes and the 750 never comes close to the 910 in any spot.
QUOTE]
Maybe.. see how the 1000S trace messes about untill just after 3000rpm? well the 1000R does the same untill just after 5000rpm (just like the 910R trace is doing), maybe it's this euro 3 emisssions thing? do USA bikes conform to that?

1000 is the yellow trace,
910 is the green trace, pics coutesey of Moto 1, (they really do have one very good web site)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
We don't have to conform to Euro3, but it doesn't mean we don't get Euro3 bikes... I'm not sure how the MVs come here but according to Airfuel, they seem different?

Greg, I think the main advantage you will get from just the PCIII is much smoother fueling, given that you get a good map on it from someone who knows what they are doing. Worth it. I guess you might pick up a few horses with an air filter and pipe or something. Whether you need it is the next question... Might improve mileage which could be nice though.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Here are 2 sets of graphs comparing a 910s with midpipe, an Ago 1000, and a 2002 f4750 stock. First one is HP second is torque. All three with custom mapped Power Commanders.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
airfuel said:
Here are 2 sets of graphs comparing a 910s with midpipe, an Ago 1000, and a 2002 f4750 stock. First one is HP second is torque. All three with custom mapped Power Commanders.

mmmmmm, looking at the torque curve suggests you get the same straight line messing about stuff below 5000rpm as well

·
Registered
822 Posts
airfuel said:
but do we really want more than 120-130 RWHP?

JOhn, no offense, but if you ever say anything like that ever again, I will personally ride to CT just to piss in your cornflakes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts