MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps and Chapesses, I have notice my rear spring is in blue and not the standard yellow supplied on the EVO3 750, can enyone help me identify what and why it is so, Cheers
Chris

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Hmm. I think mine is blue too. Though checking would require going downstairs, which I'm not going to do in my slightly innebriated state just now.... :naughty:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Yup, I got blue.

is it bad? :jsm:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Someone had the exact numbers on these back on the old mvagustaf4.com site...

The blue is stiffer than the yellow, and this almost certainly is a good thing, unless you are very light. But then, if you are, the fork settings will be too stiff then.

I believe the earlier MVs had much the same problem as the 996/998. Too much spring in front (or just right if you're like me), and not enough in the rear. And I believe the blue spring was done to address this in the '02 and later bikes?

No exact info though, sorry.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acruhl said:
Someone had the exact numbers on these back on the old mvagustaf4.com site...

The blue is stiffer than the yellow, and this almost certainly is a good thing, unless you are very light. But then, if you are, the fork settings will be too stiff then.

I believe the earlier MVs had much the same problem as the 996/998. Too much spring in front (or just right if you're like me), and not enough in the rear. And I believe the blue spring was done to address this in the '02 and later bikes?

No exact info though, sorry.
Hey thanks Acruhl, thats a 100% more info than i did have, may contact MV to ask now I know it may not be a pattern part.
Cheers

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i thought that the blue came with the mono's and the yellows the 1+1's making the yellow stiffer? all the SPR's i've seen are blue springed/sprung/sproinged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts