MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'04 with 8k miles. Picked up from the original owner outside Detroit. He bought it new in 2003. I've been around used cars and bikes my whole life and this one is cleaner than any I've ever see. Not quite perfect but I'd put it on any showroom.
Well the wife is very pleased and now she'll fit in better riding with while I'm on my '07 F4. This should be a fun summer if the country gets moving again.
I'm sure we'll be checking in with questions soon enough.
IMG_0869.PNG
IMG_0868.PNG

·
Registered
988 Posts
Welcome, I had one of those . Put 50 000kms on it , bloody awesome bike. That one does look clean in the photos, well done. How long since the rear hub was done ?

·
Wing Nut
21,314 Posts
Nice bike !!! Do yourself a favor and give a good tug on the headlight glass.....careful, don't drop it !!!!

When it pops right off glue it back on with some serious adhesive. Search Brutale Headlight glass for more information.

Reactions: c230kompw

·
Registered
530 Posts
One lucky guy to have a wife that rides. A fun summer, indeed.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long since the rear hub was done ?
This is the second MV in our house, the first I bought with the hub already "updated" but I honestly don't know anything about the issues or causes. I did ask the seller though and he said nothing has been done to the hub.
Thanks for the welcome

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice bike !!! Do yourself a favor and give a good tug on the headlight glass.....careful, don't drop it !!!!

When it pops right off glue it back on with some serious adhesive. Search Brutale Headlight glass for more information.
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure to check this.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One lucky guy to have a wife that rides. A fun summer, indeed.
Oh she rides! She's been out for a few track days too. I know I'm lucky, blessed really.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Oh she rides! She's been out for a few track days too. I know I'm lucky, blessed really.
I too am also very lucky as my girlfriend also rides. She has MY19 Dragster and KTM 350 EXC Sixdays. So currently (well when things get back to normal), ride on and off road and we used to do track days together, where she was on a Honda CBR600RR.

Good job the Wife doesn't know ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I did try the glass and yep, pulled right out. I did a search and all I saw was a suggestion to use RTV to reattach. Can anyone confirm or suggest anything better?

·
Wing Nut
21,314 Posts
Use a super strong adhesive..... 3M Super Weather Strip Adhesive is one (that's what I used).... A windshield adhesive may be a good choice..... someone else may have ideas as well.
Glad you found that without drama.
Found this web site.... I think the Gorilla Glue or JB Weld Clear would be good choices.

Reactions: RamRoddoc

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an '06 b4. I re-glued the glass back in, but also taped off the seam on the outside and used black sealant to fill the joint,tooled it real smooth with my finger, then pulled the tape off. Perfect black bead on that little joint.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have an '06 b4. I re-glued the glass back in, but also taped off the seam on the outside and used black sealant to fill the joint,tooled it real smooth with my finger, then pulled the tape off. Perfect black bead on that little joint.
What kind of sealant, I know the joint and this is a great idea but really doesn’t count without a picture...

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can do a pic later when I get home, but just a tube of silicone black will do. Do not use paintable latex. It has held my glass solid and strong

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well I used 3M Windo-Weld Urethane which I was glad is black and I think it’s good now.
I need 1 rubber insert to cover the rear view mirror bolt, where can I get/order that’s still shipping these days?

·
Wing Nut
21,314 Posts
Do you meant this bit,,,#7 ??? (or the one for the left side?) Try your favorite dealer.....or call Mark at DucShop here in Marietta. He can get it for you. The factory is back at work you know.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That’s the one, but yes for the left side. Thanks

·
Wing Nut
21,314 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts