MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It may be December but I'm a believer its a good time for buying bikes!

I took the plunge today and got a 2004 Brutale 750 with 21k on the clock. Full main dealer history, Datatool alarm and in fantastic condition.

I paid £4100 which I thought was a good deal when buying from an MV dealer. What do you think?

One of my friends has got me worried its high mileage, but its 3500 miles a year which isn't much to me, but is the average MV owner gonna think different when I sell it on from your experience?

First impressions are fantastic. I adore the riding position, so comfortable even at town speeds, much nicer than my S2R Ducati Monster before.

Main thing is, it's gorgeous and sounds great even with the stock cans.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Congrats ! :yo:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm, having done a thread search on here about mileage, it would seem that anything above 20,000 miles is considered very high on an MV.

GULP!

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
That's because some people have a lot of bikes to ride. And some people just don't ride their bikes.

I am at 12,800 in just over 2 years ownership. Would be higher if I had my way.

No reason a MV can't go 100K or more with no problem, given proper service.

And nice bike...congrats.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Congrats !:. I bought mine in May of this year with 1500 odd miles on it. Just checked odo and it has turned 7500 miles. As long as it is well maintained and documented, no reason for it not to do high mileages with them.
:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Actually just bought a 04 brutale that had 18,000 miles currently has 21,000 just your average maintance dont let there be any debbie downers really nice looking bike man.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the kind words guys.

Just got back from playing sport with a clear head and on balance I'm over the moon with my purchase, who cares if I lose a bit of cash on it in the end, I've dreamt of owning of one of these since I first saw one on the road and I stood opened mouthed as it went by.

I'll post some more pics soon!

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Congrats! :)

I sold mine w/ 26,000 miles on it after 2.5 yrs of riding it--It worked better the day i sold it than ever. The mileage is fine--The inside of my engine was better-than-new at the 21k service.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
It may be December but I'm a believer its a good time for buying bikes!

I took the plunge today and got a 2004 Brutale 750 with 21k on the clock. Full main dealer history, Datatool alarm and in fantastic condition.

I paid £4100 which I thought was a good deal when buying from an MV dealer. What do you think?

One of my friends has got me worried its high mileage, but its 3500 miles a year which isn't much to me, but is the average MV owner gonna think different when I sell it on from your experience?

First impressions are fantastic. I adore the riding position, so comfortable even at town speeds, much nicer than my S2R Ducati Monster before.

Main thing is, it's gorgeous and sounds great even with the stock cans.
Welcome to the forum and great choice made with the brutale congrats.

Be sure to contact us should you need Carbon parts as we have stocked some great looking pieces.

Al:f4:

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have an F4 I got 0mi. Jan07.
I am about to tick over 10,000.
If it were up to me, i would be ticking over 15,000mi.
:)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
That's because some people have a lot of bikes to ride. And some people just don't ride their bikes.

I am at 12,800 in just over 2 years ownership. Would be higher if I had my way.

No reason a MV can't go 100K or more with no problem, given proper service.

And nice bike...congrats.
Congrats, sexy looking machine :yo: The above is amongst the best advice you'll ever get, 'given proper service' remember those words & your heartaches will be kept to a minimum.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Enjoy! Dont be put off by others. Its your money and your bike, now go have some fun.

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike!!!
Enjoy and ride safe...

·
Registered
988 Posts
Congrats on a getting a great bike :brutale: Don't worry about the miles, if it has been properly maintained, like the others have said, it should last a few more miles yet :guitarist.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts