MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct. I should have it early next week. Stay tuned or send an email or pm if you need something.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Well my guess that will make the number of B1078 in the US less than 30 now.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Well I just bought an 09 Brutale 1078 and it is in pieces getting the metal cooling fans put on, high output waterpump, silver radiator gaurds and pieces above them powder coated cobalt to match, Course Bellypan painted to match and low profile led turn signals front and back to replace the giant hideous ones. It has 463mi on it and already has a steering damper and sliders. I've heard the same thing from F4 and Brutale owners arounf Indy and Chicago to upgrade the cooling system first and foremost. F4 plastic fans melt. Full course exhaust to come this summer.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Before you change the water pump, make sure it didn't come from the factory with the new one already. Many of the '09 Brutes came with the upgraded water pump.

Well I just bought an 09 Brutale 1078 and it is in pieces getting the metal cooling fans put on, high output waterpump, silver radiator gaurds and pieces above them powder coated cobalt to match, Course Bellypan painted to match and low profile led turn signals front and back to replace the giant hideous ones. It has 463mi on it and already has a steering damper and sliders. I've heard the same thing from F4 and Brutale owners arounf Indy and Chicago to upgrade the cooling system first and foremost. F4 plastic fans melt. Full course exhaust to come this summer.

·
Administrator
20,358 Posts

Brutales do not overheat...nor do their fans melt. You are wasting your money on those items.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Hi check out my thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37067 Changing to muzzy metal cooling fans is a waste of money as I did this and found the 10 blade stock ones to be far more efficient! and had to drain the system again remove the radiator etc and re fit the originals!. Mine had (09 Brutale 1078rr) has the older water pump and is fine. As ED said ....it's a waste of your money, Cheers Brian:)

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
My B750 ran hotter than my B1078 does.

·
Registered
871 Posts
There are some F4's around as well as a 910 and all have suggested this, it's hot and humid in Indiana. If it was a non-issue, why did MV waste the time and energy developing a new pump for the 1090 if there was no issue with the 1078? Companies usually put their efforts towards improvements that need to be made. It's irrelevant at this point because everything is already bought and it wasn't that much to begin with. Would you rather spend a little on parts and an hour labor or risk having a destroyed engine from overheating if there is an issue?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
There are some F4's around as well as a 910 and all have suggested this, it's hot and humid in Indiana. If it was a non-issue, why did MV waste the time and energy developing a new pump for the 1090 if there was no issue with the 1078? Companies usually put their efforts towards improvements that need to be made. It's irrelevant at this point because everything is already bought and it wasn't that much to begin with. Would you rather spend a little on parts and an hour labor or risk having a destroyed engine from overheating if there is an issue?
The F4s and Brutale 910s you refer to do not have the 10 blade stock fans as the BRUTALE 1078rr does and in their case fitting the metal Muzzy fans is of some benefit as it is considered an 'upgrade'....however as I found in the case of the Brutale 1078rr (which I have), the stock 10 blade fans are much more efficient at reducing the engine temperature than the metal Muzzy ones which is the reason I took them back off again!!. As I said check out my thread on this....but in the end if you are not convinced you'll have to find out for yourself......as I've been there ...and got the T shirt regarding the fans.....as far as the upgraded water pump goes I cannot comment as my bike has the old one in it and seems fine. All the best Brian.......Anyway this is becoming a bit of a thread hijack....sorry Carl for my part in it.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You don' have to worry about destroying your engine due to over heating. When the engine temp gets too hot, the numbers on the dash start flashing. This is a signal to pull over and let it cool. If you don't and it gets dangerously hot, the engine will shut off for you.

I don't think the muzzy fans pull more air. I don't think they are designed to. I do think they are designed not to melt at the edges, a problem on some F4s but not Brutales.

But, as you said, if it gives you peace of mind, who cares what anyone else thinks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts