MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the Bonhams Las Vegas January auction has some MV Agusta engines and bikes in the catalogue.

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/21389/

lots 114-116 are engines and lots 296,297,298 & 300 are bikes all circa 1956. I think some of these bikes have been for sale for qite a while but I may be wrong. There are also some Ducatis from the Silverman collection including TT1, TT2, green frame, F1 and GT.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Really a few nice things on auction. Thanks for posting Russ.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Don't have a classic but I do live in Vegas. Might as well take advantage of living in the dust bowl and go see some amazing bikes. I will be trying to attend this to just look around

·
Registered
58 Posts
have the Prices been lower for mv parts.. i have searched for a css Engine for a while
and now 2 been Selling on the auction for 1250 USD and Another for 1375 USD ,,
and the squalo for 19550 USD ..
i have seen restoring objects on ebay for 45000 euros,,..as i Think is lucky shoot ,,but this bike was in nice condition ..
if someone will sell a css Engine to me i will be glad and if it is a css5v i would be very glad.
kind regard Åke

·
Registered
276 Posts
The red MV 175 Sport with Disco tank sold for $22.5 k USD.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The red MV 175 Sport with Disco tank sold for $22.5 k USD.
I couldn't find this MV that sold on the Bonham site. Hulagun, the way you worded your description make it sound as though it's not a 'real' Disco. Is that the case?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I couldn't find this MV that sold on the Bonham site. Hulagun, the way you worded your description make it sound as though it's not a 'real' Disco. Is that the case?
Sorry Tom I didn't clarify which auction (there's more than one). It was at the MidAmerica Mecum auction in Vegas.

http://www.midamericaauctions.com/motorcycle/mv/1956-mv-agusta-disco-volante-175/

Unfortunately there's no photo on the catalog link. But here's one a friend snapped. Not for reference but because this bike is remarkable for the USD $22,500 price, some kind of record for a "Disco Volante". The bike hit the right buttons for somebody. No idea who bought it, maybe someone on this forum?

Now's a good time to point out that I'm lucky to be friends with a lot of amazing and knowledgeable collectors, who love their bikes sometimes illogically. So I'm learning to choose more carefully how to publicly evaluate these bikes we all love. Let's face it, some MV friends on this forum have had their feelings hurt. So I'll keep that in mind while still striving for accuracy and honesty when we discuss these great little machines, investigate their mysteries, and tell and retell their stories.

Best,
Ivan

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts