MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am a big fan of AM Unobtanium.

The mere fact that you cannot buy a DB10 will ensure this one gets a big price. Basically a modified Vantage I still love it.....plus it's a 6-speed manual !! You'd buy it for that reason alone, wouldn't you ...............

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
I read somewhere that the studio (or was it D. Craig?) insisted on a manual transmission when discussing this car with Aston Martin.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I read somewhere that the studio (or was it D. Craig?) insisted on a manual transmission when discussing this car with Aston Martin.
I have read somewhere that DC likes manual cars so maybe it was his idea for the manual DB10.

Out of the 10 cars built, 8 were modified/crashed/destroyed and 2 kept as showpieces. This is one of those 2 cars and I would suggest AM will stash the other away forever....so realistically this is the only opportunity. As a collector piece worth possibly twice the value of a One-77 (in my opinion)....the price really doesn't enter the equation, it's the availability.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
This will be a full scale "dick wigglin" contest of epic proportions.

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
Those 6-speed transmissions are sublime when negotiating round-a-bouts and traffic cones on unfamiliar roads in a different country on the wrong side of the road....

·
Super Moderator
21,467 Posts
...sitting in the wrong seat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I see it sold for £2.4M. Was it you Chris?! :stickpoke
No, dad wasn't going that high. He put a phone bid in with his agent at a figure he was happy and left it at that. He didn't attend the auction in person as he was not well. The DB10 cannot be driven on the road, never homologated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts